Canada Valentines 2014: Amazon.ca Names Most Romantic Cities, Victoria, Winnipeg Rated 1st and 2nd
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | February 4, 2014 12:21 PM EST
Looking for a place to spend Valentines 2014 with your significant other? You might wanna try Victoria and Winnipeg in Canada, which have been voted the 1st and 2nd most romantic cities, respectively, by Amazon.ca in that country.
Irish actor/model Jamie Dornan and American actress Dakota Johnson showed off their chemistry as Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele in the first shoot for Fifty Shades of Grey.(Entertainment Weekly)
Amazon.ca dished out the rankings based on data on the sales of romance and relationship books, as well as romantic comedies and romantic music CDs from artists including Dean Martin, Barry White, Luther Vandross, Miguel and British Columbia's own crooner Michael Bublé, purchased from Jan 1, 2013 to Jan 3, 2014 in Canada.
This is the second consecutive time that Victoria secured the topmost spot.
The top 20 romantic Canadian cities:
1. Victoria, British Columbia
2. Winnipeg, Manitoba
3. Niagara Falls, Ontario
4. Lethbridge, Alberta
5. North Vancouver, British Columbia
6. Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
7. Kamloops, British Columbia
8. Langley, British Columbia
9. Edmonton, Alberta
10. Regina, Saskatchewan
11. Red Deer, Alberta
12. Thunder Bay, Ontario
13. Calgary, Alberta
14. Brantford, Ontario
15. Sherbrooke, Quebec
16. Pickering, Ontario
17. Kingston, Ontario
18. Nanaimo, British Columbia
19. Waterloo, Ontario
20. Cambridge, Ontario
"It's the little things that make Winnipeg romantic," Linda Zuzanski, owner/president of Love Nest, a sex shop and boutique, told Winnipeg Sun when asked what could have probably made Winnipeg land on the second place. The area abounds of restaurants and florists.
"And there is 50 Shades of Grey."
"That novel brought on a lot of great fun conversations," she said. "People are much more open now than they were then."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best