'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: New Villain Markos Arrives at Mystic Falls in Episode 17
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 4, 2014 10:53 AM EST
Katherine Pierce (Nina Dobrev) may have cemented her fate as the villain again in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 but it will not be for long. The E!Online spoiler report on the CW TV series tease that a new villain named Markos will be arriving at Mystic Falls soon with executive producer Julie Plec even teasing the fans about the storyline focusing on the mysterious Travelers.
The charming but a scary leader Markos is set to make an appearance in the upcoming Episode 17. The answers to the questions involving the Travelers is expected to be provided since the 100th episode "500 Years of Solitude" showed a group of Travelers surrounding the trapped Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) to get a bucket of blood while reciting an unknown spell.
The Travelers' agenda is unclear as well but executive producer Julie Plec has assured that "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 will touch on the story of Nadia's (Olga Fonda) faction. "We've been doing a nice slow, slow, slow burn of this Traveler storyline...what we will come to understand what exactly it is these people want, what it has to do with this alleged doppelgänger prophecy and what they need from our doppelgängers. At the end of that, there will be a face to that group that we will meet later in the season who we haven't cast yet," revealed Ms Plec in the E!Online TV Scoop report.
Markos' arrival at Mystic Falls appears to be a threat to the TVD gang. The character has been described as someone super dark with his followers worshipping him and people cannot help but be pulled towards him like a magnet.
Meanwhile, "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 continues with Episode 13 titled "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on Thursday night, February 6, at 8 p.m. ET on the CW network. The new episode will show Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) returning to his evil ways with Augustine vampire friend Enzo (Michael Malarkey) after Katherine, who is in Elena's body and so into Stefan, broke Damon's heart by declaring that the relationship is over in Episode 12 "The Devil Inside."
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 12 Recap/Spoilers: Katherine is 'The Devil Inside' Elena's Body, Watch Promo Video For Episode 13 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Episode 13 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' Synopsis Reveals New Faces Will Appear in Mystic Falls, Penelope Mitchell and Caitlin McHugh Guest Stars - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Explains Damon's Torture on Katherine in the 100th Episode '500 Years of Solitude' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Emmy Awards 2014: Where To Watch Live Online, Top Nominations [VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- US, Syria to Work Together to Vaporise ISIS
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU