Frank Di Giorgio's Alleged Tickling of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Photo Turns Viral Online, Received Jaywalking Ticket
By Christine Lazaro | February 4, 2014 10:00 AM EST
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford seems to be involved in another set of crazy issues which include the viral photo of him appearing to be tickled by fellow politician Frank Di Giorgio and his recently reported jaywalking ticket.
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford walks by a screen displaying budget numbers during a Capital and Operating Budgets meeting at City Hall in Toronto, January 22, 2014. REUTERS/Mark Blinch
The controversial photo shows the Chief Budget Chief of Toronto Frank Di Giorgio seemingly tickling the Toronto Mayor who appears to be laughing loud too while resting his back against the wall. Mr Di Giorgio's response to the recent photo taken by Aaron Harris of Reuters is that the two of them were just sharing a good laugh during a break. He added that they were trying to act out a football position at that time when the picture was taken, as their simple means of finding common ground after a heated debate.
Yahoo reported that Mr Di Giorgio also shared with Toronto Sun that he and the mayor share a similar football background which can further explain their light moment captured in pictures. "I said to him let's get down into a three-point stance and we'll fire out at each other and we'll see who wins on this thing," the budget chief explained.
There was also another photo that emerged from Reuters which show the budget chief seeming to rest his hand on Mayor Ford's tummy while letting out a grin.
Then just this weekend, GlobalNews.ca reported that the Toronto mayor received a jaywalking ticket from the RCMP as he was to attend a funeral of a family friend. There were earlier claims of a witness that Mr Ford was also ticketed for being drunk, but the mayor's office has certainly confirmed that he was only given a ticket for jaywalking. He was seen walking the streets of North Road when an officer stopped and ticketed him which made a large crowd of people to build up.
The news update was confirmed by the Amin Massoudi, the mayor's press secretary which made the news site correct their errors the soonest. The reported fine for the jaywalking ticket costs $109.
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was involved in an alleged scandal of crack cocaine smoking in 2013.
(Video Credit: YouTube/Alex Jones)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- Chinese Property Developer Flees To New Zealand After China Arrests Vice-Mayor For Corrupt Deals
- Amazon Announces 7 New Kindles: Upgraded Amazon 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX Available Now On Pre-order