NBA Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | February 4, 2014 9:56 AM EST
Even without star point guard Chris Paul, the Los Angeles Clippers have continued to rack up the wins at this point of the season. The same cannot be said for the Denver Nuggets, which has struggled with back-to-back losses sans their starting PG in Ty Lawson.
NBA: Toronto Raptors at Denver Nuggets
The Clippers have won five of their last six games and coming off an easy 102-87 win over the Utah Jazz in their last game.
L.A. held the Jazz to 35.8 per cent (29-of-81 FGs) shooting and had four players in double-figure scoring on offense. Jamal Crawford came off the bench as the top-scorer with 27 points (9-of-15 FGs), Blake Griffin added 25 markers and 11 rebounds and DeAndre Jordan also contributed a double-double of 10 points and 11 boards.
The Clips will be facing a dangerous Denver team at home looking to bounce back after losses to the Charlotte Bobcats, 101-98, and the Toronto Raptors, 100-90-- both in Mile High City. The Nuggets have also lost six of their last eight outings to drop to 22-23 or 10th place in the tough Western Conference.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Clippers (-2.5) vs. Denver Nuggets (O/U: 216.0)
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games on the road
- The Clippers are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games after an ATS win
- The Clippers are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games after a one day rest
Denver Nuggets Trends
- The Nuggets are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Nuggets are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Nuggets are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install