NBA Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | February 4, 2014 9:56 AM EST
Even without star point guard Chris Paul, the Los Angeles Clippers have continued to rack up the wins at this point of the season. The same cannot be said for the Denver Nuggets, which has struggled with back-to-back losses sans their starting PG in Ty Lawson.
NBA: Toronto Raptors at Denver Nuggets
The Clippers have won five of their last six games and coming off an easy 102-87 win over the Utah Jazz in their last game.
L.A. held the Jazz to 35.8 per cent (29-of-81 FGs) shooting and had four players in double-figure scoring on offense. Jamal Crawford came off the bench as the top-scorer with 27 points (9-of-15 FGs), Blake Griffin added 25 markers and 11 rebounds and DeAndre Jordan also contributed a double-double of 10 points and 11 boards.
The Clips will be facing a dangerous Denver team at home looking to bounce back after losses to the Charlotte Bobcats, 101-98, and the Toronto Raptors, 100-90-- both in Mile High City. The Nuggets have also lost six of their last eight outings to drop to 22-23 or 10th place in the tough Western Conference.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Clippers (-2.5) vs. Denver Nuggets (O/U: 216.0)
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games on the road
- The Clippers are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games after an ATS win
- The Clippers are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games after a one day rest
Denver Nuggets Trends
- The Nuggets are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Nuggets are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Nuggets are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail: