Switzerland-based Doctor Thinks Couple Stuck During Sex Is Urban Myth, But Real-life Couples Who Experienced It Share Story
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 4, 2014 9:39 AM EST
In 2010, a young Filipino celebrity couple was the subject of speculation because of rumours that they were rushed to a big Philippine hospital in a vaginal lock while lovemaking.
The young couple, Shaina Magdayao and John Lloyd Cruz, denied being in that situation.
Dr Anstomenis Exadaktylos, a Switzerland- based physician and author of a study covering 11 years of emergency hospital admissions, believes stories like that are probably urban myths.
However, BBC, in a report for Health Check, wrote about two couples who had real-life experiences of the medical phenomenon called penis captivus or captive penis, which another Britain-based sexual doctor found credible example of a rare occurrence.
Dr John Dean, clinical director of Gender and Sexual Medicine for Devon Partnership NHS, quoted by BBC, explained, "When the penis is in the vagina it becomes increasingly engorged ... the muscles of the women's pelvic floor contract rhythmically at orgasm. While those muscles contract the penis becomes stuck and further engorged."
An anonymous female BBC listener wrote of such an experience between herself and her late husband wherein he could not withdraw his organ which was stuck inside her vagina due to the intensity of the vaginal muscle response when she had an orgasm.
The second account came from a man who used the pseudonym John. He initially recounts hearing a story when he was a teenager of an American airman who was the victim of penis captivus, requiring the embarrassed couple to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance to separate them.
When he became a sailor, he had an on-off relationship with a woman in Japan, and they experienced the vaginal lock too. He recounted it took them two to three minutes of movements and laughing as well before they become disengaged.
Mr Dean confirmed the experience of John, now 75, explaining, "The fascination is with the prospect of a couple struggling to separate themselves for many minutes, what actually happens in that they may find themselves in difficulty disengaging for maybe a few seconds - five seconds, ten seconds, and if you're in that situation that probably seems like an eternity rather than just five or ten seconds."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Scientists Make Astonishing Discovery Of An Invisible Shield Protecting Earth From Devastation--Report
- "Secret Space Programme": UFO Conspiracy Theorists Believe That NASA Is In Constant Touch With Aliens
- Dinosaur Discovery 2014: New Dinosaur Species Found Inside A Canadian Museum
- Australians Could Expect To See 30-40 Meteors An Hour During Geminid Shower On Dec 13-14
- Dogs Understand Human Language And Tone: UK Research
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More