Switzerland-based Doctor Thinks Couple Stuck During Sex Is Urban Myth, But Real-life Couples Who Experienced It Share Story
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 4, 2014 9:39 AM EST
In 2010, a young Filipino celebrity couple was the subject of speculation because of rumours that they were rushed to a big Philippine hospital in a vaginal lock while lovemaking.
The young couple, Shaina Magdayao and John Lloyd Cruz, denied being in that situation.
Dr Anstomenis Exadaktylos, a Switzerland- based physician and author of a study covering 11 years of emergency hospital admissions, believes stories like that are probably urban myths.
However, BBC, in a report for Health Check, wrote about two couples who had real-life experiences of the medical phenomenon called penis captivus or captive penis, which another Britain-based sexual doctor found credible example of a rare occurrence.
Dr John Dean, clinical director of Gender and Sexual Medicine for Devon Partnership NHS, quoted by BBC, explained, "When the penis is in the vagina it becomes increasingly engorged ... the muscles of the women's pelvic floor contract rhythmically at orgasm. While those muscles contract the penis becomes stuck and further engorged."
An anonymous female BBC listener wrote of such an experience between herself and her late husband wherein he could not withdraw his organ which was stuck inside her vagina due to the intensity of the vaginal muscle response when she had an orgasm.
The second account came from a man who used the pseudonym John. He initially recounts hearing a story when he was a teenager of an American airman who was the victim of penis captivus, requiring the embarrassed couple to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance to separate them.
When he became a sailor, he had an on-off relationship with a woman in Japan, and they experienced the vaginal lock too. He recounted it took them two to three minutes of movements and laughing as well before they become disengaged.
Mr Dean confirmed the experience of John, now 75, explaining, "The fascination is with the prospect of a couple struggling to separate themselves for many minutes, what actually happens in that they may find themselves in difficulty disengaging for maybe a few seconds - five seconds, ten seconds, and if you're in that situation that probably seems like an eternity rather than just five or ten seconds."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Final 2014 Solar Eclipse: When And How To Safely View It Plus Where To Watch Online Via Live Stream
- Britons Advised to Brace for Strong Hurricane Gonzalo Bearing Winds Up to 75mph; Affects Flights, Train Services
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientist Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier