ANZ at 39th Place in Most Valuable Global Bank Brand List With Value of $6.8 Billion
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 4, 2014 9:11 AM EST
In the Land Down Under, Westpac, Australia New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ), Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) and the National Bank of Australia (NAB) are collectively known as the Big 4 because they dominate the country's banking system. But side-by-side with global banks, the 4 lenders are just the Small 4.
According to The Brand Finance Banking 500 study released on Monday, the highest rank Aussie bank is ANZ on 39th place with a brand value of $6.8 billion. In contrast, the number one bank on the list, Wells Fargo in the U.S. is estimated to have a brand value of $30.2 billion. It was the same rank that ANZ held in 2013.
A brand rating is a benchmark or measure of the strength, risk and potential of a brand,
On second place is CBA which is ranked 42nd place with a brand value of $6.3 billion. CBA moved two places up.
Third place is NAB, ranked 46th, its same spot in 2013, and valued at $5 billion. Two places below at 48th is Westpac with a brand value of $4.9 billion. Westpac was recently named as the most sustainable company in the world.
The 4 Aussie lenders all boosted their brand value, but only CBA and Westpac moved up their global ranking slightly.
They are expected to report collectively for the current financial year profits higher than the previous year's $27.3 billion.
Smaller Aussie banks are noticeably improving their place in the list.
The report said that BT Financial Group grew 94 per cent to its total brand value of $713 million and leapfrogged 93 places in the global ranking, while Suncorp improved 28 per cent to $463 million and Bankwest expanded 20 per cent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How