ANZ at 39th Place in Most Valuable Global Bank Brand List With Value of $6.8 Billion
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 4, 2014 9:11 AM EST
In the Land Down Under, Westpac, Australia New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ), Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) and the National Bank of Australia (NAB) are collectively known as the Big 4 because they dominate the country's banking system. But side-by-side with global banks, the 4 lenders are just the Small 4.
According to The Brand Finance Banking 500 study released on Monday, the highest rank Aussie bank is ANZ on 39th place with a brand value of $6.8 billion. In contrast, the number one bank on the list, Wells Fargo in the U.S. is estimated to have a brand value of $30.2 billion. It was the same rank that ANZ held in 2013.
A brand rating is a benchmark or measure of the strength, risk and potential of a brand,
On second place is CBA which is ranked 42nd place with a brand value of $6.3 billion. CBA moved two places up.
Third place is NAB, ranked 46th, its same spot in 2013, and valued at $5 billion. Two places below at 48th is Westpac with a brand value of $4.9 billion. Westpac was recently named as the most sustainable company in the world.
The 4 Aussie lenders all boosted their brand value, but only CBA and Westpac moved up their global ranking slightly.
They are expected to report collectively for the current financial year profits higher than the previous year's $27.3 billion.
Smaller Aussie banks are noticeably improving their place in the list.
The report said that BT Financial Group grew 94 per cent to its total brand value of $713 million and leapfrogged 93 places in the global ranking, while Suncorp improved 28 per cent to $463 million and Bankwest expanded 20 per cent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015