'Australia’s Biggest Loser' Announces Winner on Wikipedia - Later Revealed as Hoax
By charmaine corne clutton | February 4, 2014 8:54 AM EST
One of the biggest TV franchises (pun intended), the "Biggest Loser," aired not more than a few weeks but the winner of the reality show was posted by the free-content website, Wikipedia according to news.com.au. According to the news site, the 17 year old Caitlin Murray topped the reality show after having lost a body mass of 48.12%
However, upon closer scrutiny on the information-sharing site, other weigh-in results of other Hollywood actors such as Hilary Duff, Seth Rogen and Whoopi Golderg were also featured. According to the multiple leader boards, Duff lost a body weight of 42.92%, which would, in real life, left her in such an emaciated state. These Hollywood stars were not the only ones to be featured on the mother leader board-apparently, Al Pacino, Janet Jackson and Robbie Williams were also featured on the leader board.
The management instantly took down the confusing data on Wikipedia. They commented on the issue saying that anyone who saw the data on the free-content site was completely deceived; the information was not factual according to the management. In addition, the management was quick to issue that the Hollywood stars did not partake in any form in the reality show (although they were open to join the program).
Meanwhile, "Biggest Loser's" Cal gorged down a staggering 3019 amount of calories on temptation night, where he is said to have feasted on a steak sandwich, hotdog with a large cup of soda. His fellow contestants looked violated as Cal gobbled down the high in calories food. While Cal might have won the pot money of $30,000, he has lost the respect of his equally striving hard teammates.
Cal, however, remained unbothered by the incident claiming that he needed the money because he was currently building a house for his family. Cal's teammates were largely disappointed because the pot money was to be deducted from their town fund.
According to Cal "'It doesn't sit lightly, but $30,000 is a big help. I'm building a house at the moment. I've got a massive decision to make now; which is more important to me the people of Ararat or my own family."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’