'Australia’s Biggest Loser' Announces Winner on Wikipedia - Later Revealed as Hoax
By charmaine corne clutton | February 4, 2014 8:54 AM EST
One of the biggest TV franchises (pun intended), the "Biggest Loser," aired not more than a few weeks but the winner of the reality show was posted by the free-content website, Wikipedia according to news.com.au. According to the news site, the 17 year old Caitlin Murray topped the reality show after having lost a body mass of 48.12%
However, upon closer scrutiny on the information-sharing site, other weigh-in results of other Hollywood actors such as Hilary Duff, Seth Rogen and Whoopi Golderg were also featured. According to the multiple leader boards, Duff lost a body weight of 42.92%, which would, in real life, left her in such an emaciated state. These Hollywood stars were not the only ones to be featured on the mother leader board-apparently, Al Pacino, Janet Jackson and Robbie Williams were also featured on the leader board.
The management instantly took down the confusing data on Wikipedia. They commented on the issue saying that anyone who saw the data on the free-content site was completely deceived; the information was not factual according to the management. In addition, the management was quick to issue that the Hollywood stars did not partake in any form in the reality show (although they were open to join the program).
Meanwhile, "Biggest Loser's" Cal gorged down a staggering 3019 amount of calories on temptation night, where he is said to have feasted on a steak sandwich, hotdog with a large cup of soda. His fellow contestants looked violated as Cal gobbled down the high in calories food. While Cal might have won the pot money of $30,000, he has lost the respect of his equally striving hard teammates.
Cal, however, remained unbothered by the incident claiming that he needed the money because he was currently building a house for his family. Cal's teammates were largely disappointed because the pot money was to be deducted from their town fund.
According to Cal "'It doesn't sit lightly, but $30,000 is a big help. I'm building a house at the moment. I've got a massive decision to make now; which is more important to me the people of Ararat or my own family."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best