iPhone 6 Release Date: Launch at Apple's WWDC or September?
By Raymond Ronamai | February 4, 2014 3:42 AM EST
Speculations on the release date of Apple's upcoming next-generation smartphone iPhone 6 never cease to stop, with some analysts predicting that it would be launched in June this year, while others say it would see the light of the day only in September.
Lewi Hussey via ConceptsiPhone
iPhone 6 Concept Image by Lewi Hussey
Chinese Analyst Sun Changxu recently told the QQ Tech website that iPhone 6 production would start in May before its launch in June. Jefferies analyst Peter Misek also said that the device might be launched only in June this year.
The predictions by Changxu and Misek seem to hold some credibility as Apple's WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) will be held from June 10 to 14. It may be recalled that Apple had launched some of its iPhone series phones in June.
However, considering iPhone 5s and5c were released in September, the Cupertino giant is unlikely to launch a new product before the last ones complete a year. It would be wiser to launch the new smartphone later from a business point of view.
Moreover, Cowen and Company analyst Timothy Arcuri had said that Apple Inc. would launch iPhone 6 only in September. South Korean publication house ET News had also suggested that new iPhone would be released only in September.
Despite several reports, Apple Inc. has not revealed the release date of iPhone 6, and it is expected to announce the launch date only a few days before the unpack event.
Apple's iPhone 6 is expected to sport a new look, better hardware and improved software. It is expected to feature scratch-resistant sapphire-coated glass display that will enable solar-charging, Retina+ IGZO display that will enable gesture control, 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity, A8 processor and 4.8-inch display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand