Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date: 21 Megapixel Camera in Next-Gen Smartphone?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 4, 2014 2:16 AM EST
Speculations on the features of Samsung's next-generation smartphone Galaxy S5 have been doing the rounds of late, despite the company not making any official announcements about the phone or its release date. The latest we hear is that the upcoming device may feature a 21 megapixel camera.
The logo of Apple Inc is reflected on the back of a Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone in this photo illustration taken in Beijing June 5, 2013.
A Flipboard user, @123fliptest, has sparked off a rumour that Samsung Galaxy S5 would feature a 21 megapixel camera, by uploading a photo from a device, with the model number SM-G900-V, which is reportedly the South Korean giant's upcoming flagship smartphone. And the resolution of the photo is 5312 × 2988 pixels.
It was earlier reported that the Galaxy S5 would sport a 20-megapixel camera and have an 5.25-inch Super AMOLED display with 2K (2560 x 1440p) resolution, having pixel density of 560 pixels per inch (ppi). The device is expected to feature LPDDR4 DRAM, Android KitKat OS, Multi-Hovering Technology and TouchWiz UI.
Also, speculations were doing the rounds that the Galaxy S5 would feature an Iris Scanner but the Korean Herald said in a report, citing industry sources, that the electronic giant has dropped the plan and has instead opted for a finger-print sensor.
Samsung is expected to release its upcoming smartphone in the first quarter of 2014. A source, which claims with inside knowledge of Galaxy S5's release, told Rappler that the device would be released at Samsung's "Unpacked" event at MWC in Barcelona, Spain on 24 February.
Tech enthusiast Eldar Murtazin had earlier said that the Galaxy S5 would be launched on 23 February, a day before the MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2014. However, Samsung's executive vice-president (Mobile Business) Lee Young Hee told Bloomberg that the company is planning to launch the Galaxy S5 in the month of March or April.
According to a report by Rappler, Samsung Galaxy S4 is expected to be priced at around $750 (approximately ₹47,010).
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast