Ford Showcases New Figo Concept ahead of Auto Expo 2014
By greeshma m | February 4, 2014 12:01 AM EST
Ford unveiled its new global compact sedan Figo concept in New Delhi on Monday.
The new concept car, which is likely to take on Honda's Amaze and Hyundai's upcoming Grand i10-based sedan, will be powered by 1.0 liter EcoBost petrol engine and 1.5 liter diesel engine. The car with a contemporary styling and design will be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014.
Ford's CEO Alan Mulally is among a number of candidates investors are urging Microsoft's board to consider for CEO position. (Reuters)
"Consumers are more demanding than ever, wanting and expecting more from their cars, even if they are first time buyers. They expect and demand great fuel efficiency and low cost-of-ownership from the initial price throughout the life of the vehicle. The Ford Figo Concept offers all of this, and more, with sophistication, fresh design, world-class quality, a roomy interior, and innovative smart and safe technology," said Ford India President Nigel Harris, as quoted by IAB.
With the next generation Figo, Ford hopes to expand its compact segment in India. The new Figo car, which will fall in a sub 4 meter segment, will house features like state-of-the-art infotainment system, mobile charging units, satellite navigation system and electronically adjustable mirrors. According to an ACI report, when launched the newly unveiled concept car is likely to replace Ford Fiesta Classic.
"With the Figo Concept, we are showing that choosing a compact sedan does not mean compromising on premium design or smart solutions. Consumers are more demanding than ever, wanting and expecting more from their cars, even if they are first time buyers," said Ford Motor Company Global Product Development Vice President of Engineering Kumar Galhotra.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June