Ford Showcases New Figo Concept ahead of Auto Expo 2014
By greeshma m | February 4, 2014 12:01 AM EST
Ford unveiled its new global compact sedan Figo concept in New Delhi on Monday.
The new concept car, which is likely to take on Honda's Amaze and Hyundai's upcoming Grand i10-based sedan, will be powered by 1.0 liter EcoBost petrol engine and 1.5 liter diesel engine. The car with a contemporary styling and design will be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014.
Ford's CEO Alan Mulally is among a number of candidates investors are urging Microsoft's board to consider for CEO position. (Reuters)
"Consumers are more demanding than ever, wanting and expecting more from their cars, even if they are first time buyers. They expect and demand great fuel efficiency and low cost-of-ownership from the initial price throughout the life of the vehicle. The Ford Figo Concept offers all of this, and more, with sophistication, fresh design, world-class quality, a roomy interior, and innovative smart and safe technology," said Ford India President Nigel Harris, as quoted by IAB.
With the next generation Figo, Ford hopes to expand its compact segment in India. The new Figo car, which will fall in a sub 4 meter segment, will house features like state-of-the-art infotainment system, mobile charging units, satellite navigation system and electronically adjustable mirrors. According to an ACI report, when launched the newly unveiled concept car is likely to replace Ford Fiesta Classic.
"With the Figo Concept, we are showing that choosing a compact sedan does not mean compromising on premium design or smart solutions. Consumers are more demanding than ever, wanting and expecting more from their cars, even if they are first time buyers," said Ford Motor Company Global Product Development Vice President of Engineering Kumar Galhotra.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million