Ford Showcases New Figo Concept ahead of Auto Expo 2014
By greeshma m | February 4, 2014 12:01 AM EST
Ford unveiled its new global compact sedan Figo concept in New Delhi on Monday.
The new concept car, which is likely to take on Honda's Amaze and Hyundai's upcoming Grand i10-based sedan, will be powered by 1.0 liter EcoBost petrol engine and 1.5 liter diesel engine. The car with a contemporary styling and design will be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014.
Ford's CEO Alan Mulally is among a number of candidates investors are urging Microsoft's board to consider for CEO position. (Reuters)
"Consumers are more demanding than ever, wanting and expecting more from their cars, even if they are first time buyers. They expect and demand great fuel efficiency and low cost-of-ownership from the initial price throughout the life of the vehicle. The Ford Figo Concept offers all of this, and more, with sophistication, fresh design, world-class quality, a roomy interior, and innovative smart and safe technology," said Ford India President Nigel Harris, as quoted by IAB.
With the next generation Figo, Ford hopes to expand its compact segment in India. The new Figo car, which will fall in a sub 4 meter segment, will house features like state-of-the-art infotainment system, mobile charging units, satellite navigation system and electronically adjustable mirrors. According to an ACI report, when launched the newly unveiled concept car is likely to replace Ford Fiesta Classic.
"With the Figo Concept, we are showing that choosing a compact sedan does not mean compromising on premium design or smart solutions. Consumers are more demanding than ever, wanting and expecting more from their cars, even if they are first time buyers," said Ford Motor Company Global Product Development Vice President of Engineering Kumar Galhotra.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup