Ford Showcases New Figo Concept ahead of Auto Expo 2014
By greeshma m | February 4, 2014 12:01 AM EST
Ford unveiled its new global compact sedan Figo concept in New Delhi on Monday.
The new concept car, which is likely to take on Honda's Amaze and Hyundai's upcoming Grand i10-based sedan, will be powered by 1.0 liter EcoBost petrol engine and 1.5 liter diesel engine. The car with a contemporary styling and design will be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014.
Ford's CEO Alan Mulally is among a number of candidates investors are urging Microsoft's board to consider for CEO position. (Reuters)
"Consumers are more demanding than ever, wanting and expecting more from their cars, even if they are first time buyers. They expect and demand great fuel efficiency and low cost-of-ownership from the initial price throughout the life of the vehicle. The Ford Figo Concept offers all of this, and more, with sophistication, fresh design, world-class quality, a roomy interior, and innovative smart and safe technology," said Ford India President Nigel Harris, as quoted by IAB.
With the next generation Figo, Ford hopes to expand its compact segment in India. The new Figo car, which will fall in a sub 4 meter segment, will house features like state-of-the-art infotainment system, mobile charging units, satellite navigation system and electronically adjustable mirrors. According to an ACI report, when launched the newly unveiled concept car is likely to replace Ford Fiesta Classic.
"With the Figo Concept, we are showing that choosing a compact sedan does not mean compromising on premium design or smart solutions. Consumers are more demanding than ever, wanting and expecting more from their cars, even if they are first time buyers," said Ford Motor Company Global Product Development Vice President of Engineering Kumar Galhotra.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money