Tata Unveils Zest Sedan and Bolt Hatchback; Features and Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 3, 2014 10:00 PM EST
Tata Motors has pulled the wraps off two new cars - sedan Zest and premium hatchback Bolt.
Bolt and Zest, which were earlier codenamed Falcon 4 and 5, are based on the company's enhanced X1 platform and will hit the domestic market in mid 2014. Both cars will also go on sale in other countries later in the year.
Tata Zest, aka Falcon 5, is the first sedan in India with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). The model, which is said to be a revamped version of Tata Manza, will be offered in both petrol and diesel variant in the country. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by the company's recently interceded REVOTRON 1.2T Turbocharged Intercooled Multi-point Fuel-Injected (MPFi) petrol engine, which will churn out a power of 83.8bhp at 5,000rpm and 14.3kgm.
Meanwhile, the diesel model will come with a 1.3-litre Multijet diesel motor. The diesel Zest will come paired with an automated manual transmission (AMT), dubbed F-tronic and will deliver a power of 89bhp and a torque of 200 Nm.
"We at Tata Motors are delighted to showcase to the global market the much awaited next generation cars - the ZEST, a stunning and exciting new compact sedan and the BOLT, a dynamic hatch. These cars have been engineered for global markets, through global teams across India, UK and Korea to set new standards in their respective segments. These cars are a true representation of our Horizonext philosophy, with best-in-class offerings for performance that yet offers economy and efficiency," said Ranjit Yadav, President, Passenger Vehicles, Tata Motors as quoted by Rsuhlane.
Both vehicles will be paraded at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014, which is scheduled to start this week in Greater Noida.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales