Tata Unveils Zest Sedan and Bolt Hatchback; Features and Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 3, 2014 10:00 PM EST
Tata Motors has pulled the wraps off two new cars - sedan Zest and premium hatchback Bolt.
Bolt and Zest, which were earlier codenamed Falcon 4 and 5, are based on the company's enhanced X1 platform and will hit the domestic market in mid 2014. Both cars will also go on sale in other countries later in the year.
Tata Zest, aka Falcon 5, is the first sedan in India with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). The model, which is said to be a revamped version of Tata Manza, will be offered in both petrol and diesel variant in the country. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by the company's recently interceded REVOTRON 1.2T Turbocharged Intercooled Multi-point Fuel-Injected (MPFi) petrol engine, which will churn out a power of 83.8bhp at 5,000rpm and 14.3kgm.
Meanwhile, the diesel model will come with a 1.3-litre Multijet diesel motor. The diesel Zest will come paired with an automated manual transmission (AMT), dubbed F-tronic and will deliver a power of 89bhp and a torque of 200 Nm.
"We at Tata Motors are delighted to showcase to the global market the much awaited next generation cars - the ZEST, a stunning and exciting new compact sedan and the BOLT, a dynamic hatch. These cars have been engineered for global markets, through global teams across India, UK and Korea to set new standards in their respective segments. These cars are a true representation of our Horizonext philosophy, with best-in-class offerings for performance that yet offers economy and efficiency," said Ranjit Yadav, President, Passenger Vehicles, Tata Motors as quoted by Rsuhlane.
Both vehicles will be paraded at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014, which is scheduled to start this week in Greater Noida.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide