Tata Unveils Zest Sedan and Bolt Hatchback; Features and Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 3, 2014 10:00 PM EST
Tata Motors has pulled the wraps off two new cars - sedan Zest and premium hatchback Bolt.
Bolt and Zest, which were earlier codenamed Falcon 4 and 5, are based on the company's enhanced X1 platform and will hit the domestic market in mid 2014. Both cars will also go on sale in other countries later in the year.
Tata Zest, aka Falcon 5, is the first sedan in India with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). The model, which is said to be a revamped version of Tata Manza, will be offered in both petrol and diesel variant in the country. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by the company's recently interceded REVOTRON 1.2T Turbocharged Intercooled Multi-point Fuel-Injected (MPFi) petrol engine, which will churn out a power of 83.8bhp at 5,000rpm and 14.3kgm.
Meanwhile, the diesel model will come with a 1.3-litre Multijet diesel motor. The diesel Zest will come paired with an automated manual transmission (AMT), dubbed F-tronic and will deliver a power of 89bhp and a torque of 200 Nm.
"We at Tata Motors are delighted to showcase to the global market the much awaited next generation cars - the ZEST, a stunning and exciting new compact sedan and the BOLT, a dynamic hatch. These cars have been engineered for global markets, through global teams across India, UK and Korea to set new standards in their respective segments. These cars are a true representation of our Horizonext philosophy, with best-in-class offerings for performance that yet offers economy and efficiency," said Ranjit Yadav, President, Passenger Vehicles, Tata Motors as quoted by Rsuhlane.
Both vehicles will be paraded at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014, which is scheduled to start this week in Greater Noida.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family