New Duke Nukem Title Likely to be Revealed by February End: Rumor
By Aditya Bhat | February 3, 2014 9:24 PM EST
A new Duke Nukem title is likely to be revealed by the end of February, according to rumors unearthed by NeoGAF. The new Duke Nukem will be a top-down action RPG and will be powered by Unreal Engine.
A new Duke Nukem will be revealed by this February end.
The game will be titled Nukem: Mass Destruction and will be developed by Interceptor Entertainment, which was also behind the remake of Duke Nukem 3D. But unfortunately, this free title was held up by Gearbox Software and never released. Interceptor Entertainment was also behind the reimagining of Rise of the Triad.
A teaser website was also launched for the upcoming game, however, it is currently down for maintenance. A teaser image, which shows a bubble gum pack named 'Kick-Ass' that is empty was also released. This is related to Duke Nukem's best lines, "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum".
"I'm also personally tired of Pigcops, Turd Jokes, and a Goofy Duke Nukem.I would love to see a Duke Nukem game, taken in a completely new direction. A way more serious and 'Badass' Duke, with an epic plot. Something that really brings back Duke as an Action Hero," said Frederik Schreiber, CEO of Interceptor Entertainment on 28 November 2013, DSO Gaming reported.
"That reminds me of how tired I am of strippers, babes etc. in Duke Nukem games, which only degrades Duke's intelligence even more (there is nothing wrong with Duke Liking strippers and babes, but it shouldn't be the main plot of a game). Give us a Duke game without strippers, a great sinister villain than can break Duke (Think Bane from DK:Rising), a slightly older, and way more badass/gritty Duke, and a galactic plotline that can be taken seriously, and I'm Sold!" he added.
However, there are no details of the new game, apart from the supposed name and what engine the game will be based on.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date