iPhone 6 Release Soon As Retailer Hands Out Discounts For Upcoming Handsets
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 3, 2014 9:22 PM EST
iPhone 6 release date may happen very soon. A retailer is already handing out discounts for the handset.
Even without the concrete release date yet, Best Buy is currently giving away $50 discount to the buyers. It is quite bizarre that a retailer will give discounts on upcoming handsets. This could be a clear indication that it is really on its way.
iPhone 6 concept
Best Buy offers $50, not only to iPhone 6, but also to other smartphones this year, including Samsung Galaxy S5. Buyers can also apply the gift card to other smartphones on its way this year such as LG G3, Nexus 6, Xperia Z2 and HTC One 2. But consumers should get this in the next two weeks to take advantage of this deal.
When purchasing a new phone from Best Buy using the promo this year, consumers need to register from Feb. 2 to Feb. 15 in the retailer. This allows them to use the voucher or the $50 gift card until Dec. 31 to buy a new smartphone. The gift card can be used to purchase and activate a two-year commitment with any major U.S. carrier, AT&T, Verizon or Sprint through Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile stores.
But the gift card only applies to the current carrier subscribers and does not include those with new lines and new phone numbers. The deal can be an advantage to those who want to apply upgrades and port-in activations. There is no need to buy a new phone.
Meanwhile, iPhone 6 rumored features include A8 processor, iOS 8 and fingerprint sensor. iPhone 6 is set for release in June at the Worldwide Developers Conference. But the handset will most likely pack the new version of Apple's operating system.
Moreover, Apple patents hinted on some of the possible specifications of the next iPhone. Patents described curved or flexible screen with liquidmetal and Sapphire glass covering for the screen display, an improved Siri and gestures control. iPhone 6 release date is expected either in June or September.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report