Super Bowl 2014: 'Investigate 9/11' Gathers Public Attention after Malcolm Smith Interview Interruption [Latest Reactions, Video]
By Johnlee Varghese | February 3, 2014 8:58 PM EST
A truther shouting 'Investigate 9/11' has the online world abuzz with activity. While the man was arrested within moments of the interruption, twitter and other social networking sites have been abuzz with plea calling for investigation on 9/11 attacks.
The incident took place while Seahawks' linebacker Malcolm Smith, who has been nominated for Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player Award, was at the podium doing his postgame press conference. The truther, who has been identified as 30 year old, Matthew Mills, grabbed the microphone from Smith and shouted "Investigate 9/11." He said,"9/11 was perpetrated by people in our own government" before leaving the stage.
The incident has once again stirred-up public interest on conspiracies and theories surrounding the 9/11 terror attacks. A White House petition has also been created, which states: "After many years of being told lies we the people believe that a thorough investigation should be made in who was behind the 9/11 attacks. No more lies. No more corruption."
Watch Video: Investigate 9/11 - Malcolm Smith Interview Interrupted by a Truther
Over the years following the terror attacks, several theories have been doing the round.
1. Twin Towers were rigged with bombs and that caused the bombing, not the planes:
One of the mostly debated theories that have been doing the round is that the World Trade Center was taken out in controlled demolition. It is speculated that the towers were brought down with explosives placed in selected locations. The theories rely on witnesses accounts, which state that they heard explosions inside the building while they attempted to escape. It is also debated by architects and scientists that a plane’s fuel cannot produce enough heat to melt the steel frame of the two buildings that collapsed.
2. Pentagon attack staged:
Conspiracy theorists have often raised questions on why the plane that crashed at Pentagon was not shot down. Further, suspicions has been raised over the fact that the plane crashed into a portion of Pentagon that had been lying vacant due to renovation.
3. How did the passports of hijacker survive the explosion?
Theorist also have doubted the claims by the investigation agencies that they were able to identify the bombers based on the passports recovered from the crash sites. It is suspected that it is highly unlikely that the passports could survive the explosion, which destroyed the buildings.
4. Why the secrecy over the recovered black boxes?
In the weeks following the 9/11 attacks, the black boxes were one of the most-important items to be found. Till now the contents of the tapes have not been made public, which the skeptics believe is an attempt to support the secret scheme.
5. How did aluminium planes break into steel structure?
Theorists believe that commercial airplanes are made of very light aluminum material, which makes it quite impossible for it to wreck the Twin Towers, which had steel frames.
While several theories are doing the round, the concerned citizens are taking to twitter to express themselves, following the Investigate 9/11 call. In other words, Investigate 9/11 is turning into an movement.
— Alexander The Great♓ (@AlexMcGowan2011) February 3, 2014
do you know how many professional pilots question the official account? #Investigate911 — anon5a2z (@anon5a2z) February 3, 2014
http://t.co/BsQ7OckFoa call me un-American but I believe it's not only our right but obligation to question shady events #investigate911 — Billy (@XBillyGriffinX) February 3, 2014
— Furio (@incognito1570) February 3, 2014
I smell a revolution coming #Investigate911 — Alex (@TorresDeLa503) February 3, 2014
#investigate911 this country has finally woken up i tried to warn people long ago and i remember getting hate for it on here wow” — Alexys Quiñonez (@AlexysCota) February 3, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate