Super Bowl 2014: 'Investigate 9/11' Gathers Public Attention after Malcolm Smith Interview Interruption [Latest Reactions, Video]
By Johnlee Varghese | February 3, 2014 8:58 PM EST
A truther shouting 'Investigate 9/11' has the online world abuzz with activity. While the man was arrested within moments of the interruption, twitter and other social networking sites have been abuzz with plea calling for investigation on 9/11 attacks.
The incident took place while Seahawks' linebacker Malcolm Smith, who has been nominated for Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player Award, was at the podium doing his postgame press conference. The truther, who has been identified as 30 year old, Matthew Mills, grabbed the microphone from Smith and shouted "Investigate 9/11." He said,"9/11 was perpetrated by people in our own government" before leaving the stage.
The incident has once again stirred-up public interest on conspiracies and theories surrounding the 9/11 terror attacks. A White House petition has also been created, which states: "After many years of being told lies we the people believe that a thorough investigation should be made in who was behind the 9/11 attacks. No more lies. No more corruption."
Watch Video: Investigate 9/11 - Malcolm Smith Interview Interrupted by a Truther
Over the years following the terror attacks, several theories have been doing the round.
1. Twin Towers were rigged with bombs and that caused the bombing, not the planes:
One of the mostly debated theories that have been doing the round is that the World Trade Center was taken out in controlled demolition. It is speculated that the towers were brought down with explosives placed in selected locations. The theories rely on witnesses accounts, which state that they heard explosions inside the building while they attempted to escape. It is also debated by architects and scientists that a plane’s fuel cannot produce enough heat to melt the steel frame of the two buildings that collapsed.
2. Pentagon attack staged:
Conspiracy theorists have often raised questions on why the plane that crashed at Pentagon was not shot down. Further, suspicions has been raised over the fact that the plane crashed into a portion of Pentagon that had been lying vacant due to renovation.
3. How did the passports of hijacker survive the explosion?
Theorist also have doubted the claims by the investigation agencies that they were able to identify the bombers based on the passports recovered from the crash sites. It is suspected that it is highly unlikely that the passports could survive the explosion, which destroyed the buildings.
4. Why the secrecy over the recovered black boxes?
In the weeks following the 9/11 attacks, the black boxes were one of the most-important items to be found. Till now the contents of the tapes have not been made public, which the skeptics believe is an attempt to support the secret scheme.
5. How did aluminium planes break into steel structure?
Theorists believe that commercial airplanes are made of very light aluminum material, which makes it quite impossible for it to wreck the Twin Towers, which had steel frames.
While several theories are doing the round, the concerned citizens are taking to twitter to express themselves, following the Investigate 9/11 call. In other words, Investigate 9/11 is turning into an movement.
— Alexander The Great♓ (@AlexMcGowan2011) February 3, 2014
do you know how many professional pilots question the official account? #Investigate911 — anon5a2z (@anon5a2z) February 3, 2014
http://t.co/BsQ7OckFoa call me un-American but I believe it's not only our right but obligation to question shady events #investigate911 — Billy (@XBillyGriffinX) February 3, 2014
— Furio (@incognito1570) February 3, 2014
I smell a revolution coming #Investigate911 — Alex (@TorresDeLa503) February 3, 2014
#investigate911 this country has finally woken up i tried to warn people long ago and i remember getting hate for it on here wow” — Alexys Quiñonez (@AlexysCota) February 3, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- Volunteer Teen Rapes Orphans during Mission Trip
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal