Auto Expo 2014: Mahindra Reva to Unveil Sports Car Halo
By greeshma m | February 3, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Mahindra Reva, the division of Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) that makes electric vehicles, is all set to steal the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 with its new sports car concept.
Mahindra and Mahindra
Dubbed Halo, Mahindra Reva's in-house designed sports car is expected to come as a four-door, five-seater vehicle, with an exotic design. The car is also rumoured to flaunt a vintage look at the front.
According to an AutoCar India report, Halo will draw its power from an electric motor that can produce an output of 105 kW (140 bhp) and will get a high-capacity battery, similar to Tesla. It is also said that the car can achieve a speed of 0-100 Km/h in less than seven seconds and a top speed of 200kph.
Halo is expected to make its market debut in 2015-16, with a price tag of ₹30-35 lakh. The company is also set to market the new electric sports car in the international markets. Besides Halo, Mahindra Reva's Auto Expo line up will include Maxximo - a small truck, the Formula E car and Mahindra XUV. According to the company, the Formula E car will dazzle at FIA championship in September.
"Our aim has been to trickle down technology from such Formula E cars for commercial use and we are hopeful that in the next few years there will be a lot of cross pollination of technology. Also, we will be showing the electric version of Mahindra's Verito sedan and light commercial vehicle Maxximo, which are likely to be ready for commercialisation by the end of the year," Chetan Maini, the founder and CEO of Mahindra Reva, had said earlier while revealing their plans for Auto Expo.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)