Auto Expo 2014: Mahindra Reva to Unveil Sports Car Halo
By greeshma m | February 3, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Mahindra Reva, the division of Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) that makes electric vehicles, is all set to steal the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 with its new sports car concept.
Mahindra and Mahindra
Dubbed Halo, Mahindra Reva's in-house designed sports car is expected to come as a four-door, five-seater vehicle, with an exotic design. The car is also rumoured to flaunt a vintage look at the front.
According to an AutoCar India report, Halo will draw its power from an electric motor that can produce an output of 105 kW (140 bhp) and will get a high-capacity battery, similar to Tesla. It is also said that the car can achieve a speed of 0-100 Km/h in less than seven seconds and a top speed of 200kph.
Halo is expected to make its market debut in 2015-16, with a price tag of ₹30-35 lakh. The company is also set to market the new electric sports car in the international markets. Besides Halo, Mahindra Reva's Auto Expo line up will include Maxximo - a small truck, the Formula E car and Mahindra XUV. According to the company, the Formula E car will dazzle at FIA championship in September.
"Our aim has been to trickle down technology from such Formula E cars for commercial use and we are hopeful that in the next few years there will be a lot of cross pollination of technology. Also, we will be showing the electric version of Mahindra's Verito sedan and light commercial vehicle Maxximo, which are likely to be ready for commercialisation by the end of the year," Chetan Maini, the founder and CEO of Mahindra Reva, had said earlier while revealing their plans for Auto Expo.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’