Auto Expo 2014: Mahindra Reva to Unveil Sports Car Halo
By greeshma m | February 3, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Mahindra Reva, the division of Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) that makes electric vehicles, is all set to steal the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 with its new sports car concept.
Mahindra and Mahindra
Dubbed Halo, Mahindra Reva's in-house designed sports car is expected to come as a four-door, five-seater vehicle, with an exotic design. The car is also rumoured to flaunt a vintage look at the front.
According to an AutoCar India report, Halo will draw its power from an electric motor that can produce an output of 105 kW (140 bhp) and will get a high-capacity battery, similar to Tesla. It is also said that the car can achieve a speed of 0-100 Km/h in less than seven seconds and a top speed of 200kph.
Halo is expected to make its market debut in 2015-16, with a price tag of ₹30-35 lakh. The company is also set to market the new electric sports car in the international markets. Besides Halo, Mahindra Reva's Auto Expo line up will include Maxximo - a small truck, the Formula E car and Mahindra XUV. According to the company, the Formula E car will dazzle at FIA championship in September.
"Our aim has been to trickle down technology from such Formula E cars for commercial use and we are hopeful that in the next few years there will be a lot of cross pollination of technology. Also, we will be showing the electric version of Mahindra's Verito sedan and light commercial vehicle Maxximo, which are likely to be ready for commercialisation by the end of the year," Chetan Maini, the founder and CEO of Mahindra Reva, had said earlier while revealing their plans for Auto Expo.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen