Apple Inc Shares Decline 8.24%; Health and Fitness Focus in iOS8 and iWatch May Push Stocks Up
By Reissa Su | February 3, 2014 7:13 PM EST
Apple Inc shares declined 8.24 per cent after the opening bell on Feb 2 as investors continue to be disappointed of the company's smaller than expected iPhone sales last Q1 FY 2014. Apple's Q2 guidance also did not meet investor and analyst expectations.
A worker cleans glass in front of an iPhone 5C advertisement at an apple store in Kunming, Yunnan province, in this October 27, 2013.
Apple may be feeling the pressure of releasing trend-setting products as it slowly loses ground to rivals offering smartphones with bigger screens and lower prices than the iPhone.
Disappointing first quarter iPhone sales
Apple's guidance for the current quarter has already disappointed investors since it will be the first time the company's revenue will fall in more than a decade. Investors are worried that Apple is losing its vision since co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs passed away.
Apple Inc shares fell 7.2 per cent in trading on Jan 28 after investors were disappointed with iPhone sales for Q1 FY 2014 despite record-breaking figures for the tech giant. The stock price slightly dipped following Carl Icahn's tweet about buying another $500 million Apple shares.
The company has not released an innovative product since the iPad and investors want a new product to bring Apple's stocks back up. Apple investors continue to wait for the next "catalyst" product to be released hopefully within the year with the long-rumoured iWatch and a new iPhone with a bigger screen.
According to CNET, Apple is rumoured to be focusing on health and fitness in the latest version of its mobile OS, the iOS8. Based on reports, Apple may be developing a Healthbook app for iOS8 which may be the subject of the company's meeting with the FDA in January.
Investors may be anticipating the release of the iWatch as the company is pressured to release "innovative" products in 2014. Rumours said the long-awaited Apple Inc wearable may be released by the end of the year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How