Oscar Contender Cate Blanchett Talks about Woody Allen’s Directing Styles
By charmaine corne clutton | February 3, 2014 6:20 PM EST
Oscar Contender for Best Actress Cate Blanchett revealed in an interview about Woody Allen's styles in directing. The "Blue Jasmine" star demystified the claims of many on Allen's directing skills-his utter lack of direction. According to the star, Allen is more hands on when it comes to the writing whereas when it comes to the acting part, he leaves his actors to portray the roles by themselves. Blanchett repeated what that the director would often tell her "Do it the way you did it before I talked to you. Do it the way you did it before I talked to you."
Honoree Cate Blanchett poses as she arrives at the 19th Annual ELLE Women in Hollywood dinner in Beverly Hills
Meanwhile, many reviews and Oscar predictions have been bent on Blanchett for her portrayal of a disgruntled ex-wife to Alec Baldwin. From having it all to having nothing, Blanchett portrays the moving role of a overly dependent wife who suddenly becomes broke. Blanchett is up against Meryl Streep for "August: Osage County," Amy Adams for "American Hustle," Sandra Bullock for "Gravity" and Judi Dench for "Philomena."
The predictions went viral after the annual "Talking Pictures on Demand Oscar Preview" aired on NY1. Blanchett said in an interview that wives should "reinvent" themselves and that they should not be too dependent on their husbands referring to the plot of the movie "Blue Jasmine." Blanchett has also snagged awards from the Golden Globes, Critics Choice Awards and Screen Guild Actors Awards.
Meanwhile, man behind "Blue Jasmine," Woody Allen is embroiled in yet another controversy-this time a huge one as his adopted daughter with ex-wife Mia Farrow revealed in an open letter to the New York Times that she had indeed been sexually molested by Allen at age 7.
According to Dylan Farrow, Allen led her to a "dim, closet-like attic" where he asked her to play with her brother's toy train while sexually assaulting her. Farrow had added "He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we'd go to Paris and I'd be a star in his movies."
The open letter came after the director was nominated for another Oscar for his movie "Blue Jasmine" featuring Cate Blanchett and Alec Bladwin.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions