Oscar Contender Cate Blanchett Talks about Woody Allen’s Directing Styles
By charmaine corne clutton | February 3, 2014 6:20 PM EST
Oscar Contender for Best Actress Cate Blanchett revealed in an interview about Woody Allen's styles in directing. The "Blue Jasmine" star demystified the claims of many on Allen's directing skills-his utter lack of direction. According to the star, Allen is more hands on when it comes to the writing whereas when it comes to the acting part, he leaves his actors to portray the roles by themselves. Blanchett repeated what that the director would often tell her "Do it the way you did it before I talked to you. Do it the way you did it before I talked to you."
Honoree Cate Blanchett poses as she arrives at the 19th Annual ELLE Women in Hollywood dinner in Beverly Hills
Meanwhile, many reviews and Oscar predictions have been bent on Blanchett for her portrayal of a disgruntled ex-wife to Alec Baldwin. From having it all to having nothing, Blanchett portrays the moving role of a overly dependent wife who suddenly becomes broke. Blanchett is up against Meryl Streep for "August: Osage County," Amy Adams for "American Hustle," Sandra Bullock for "Gravity" and Judi Dench for "Philomena."
The predictions went viral after the annual "Talking Pictures on Demand Oscar Preview" aired on NY1. Blanchett said in an interview that wives should "reinvent" themselves and that they should not be too dependent on their husbands referring to the plot of the movie "Blue Jasmine." Blanchett has also snagged awards from the Golden Globes, Critics Choice Awards and Screen Guild Actors Awards.
Meanwhile, man behind "Blue Jasmine," Woody Allen is embroiled in yet another controversy-this time a huge one as his adopted daughter with ex-wife Mia Farrow revealed in an open letter to the New York Times that she had indeed been sexually molested by Allen at age 7.
According to Dylan Farrow, Allen led her to a "dim, closet-like attic" where he asked her to play with her brother's toy train while sexually assaulting her. Farrow had added "He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we'd go to Paris and I'd be a star in his movies."
The open letter came after the director was nominated for another Oscar for his movie "Blue Jasmine" featuring Cate Blanchett and Alec Bladwin.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans