Maruti Suzuki Celerio Bookings Open as Launch Nears; What we Know so Far
By greeshma m | February 3, 2014 5:52 PM EST
Bookings for the much-anticipated Maruti Suzuki Celerio have officially begun in India with an advance payment of ₹10,000.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Pictures Surface Again Ahead of Speculated Launch
The company that has started the promotion of its upcoming Celerio through ads on TV and its webpage, announced the booking in the country. Maruti Celerio, India's first car with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), dubbed Celerio EZ Drive has already created buzz in the auto market.
Maruti, a trusted name in the small car segment will unveil its next offering Celerio at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 and the car is expected to reach the dealers soon after that. The vehicle is likely to fall in the price brackets of sub ₹5 lakh. If reports are to be believed, the auto aficionados can behind Celerio's wheel by the end of February.
What We Know So Far
According to rumours, the Celerio measures 3600mm in length, 1600mm in width, and 1560mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2425mm. Under the hood, it packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. The company claims a mileage of 23.1 km per litre.
The Celerio is expected to come in in six variants which include LXi, VXi, ZXi, LXi Auto Gear Shift, VXi Auto Gear Shift and ZXi Auto Gear Shift. The LXi variant of Celerio is speculated to feature Manual AC, Power Steering, Tachometer (AMT) and gear-position indicator (AMT), while VXi is expected to come with power windows and Central Locking System in addition to the slew of features offered in the LXi model.
The top variant, ZXi is likely to host an audio system with CD, USB, AUX and Bluetooth capability, audio controls on steering wheel, keyless entry, tilt steering, foglamps (AMT), ABS (AMT) and alloy wheels (AMT).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales