Maruti Suzuki Celerio Bookings Open as Launch Nears; What we Know so Far
By greeshma m | February 3, 2014 5:52 PM EST
Bookings for the much-anticipated Maruti Suzuki Celerio have officially begun in India with an advance payment of ₹10,000.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Pictures Surface Again Ahead of Speculated Launch
The company that has started the promotion of its upcoming Celerio through ads on TV and its webpage, announced the booking in the country. Maruti Celerio, India's first car with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), dubbed Celerio EZ Drive has already created buzz in the auto market.
Maruti, a trusted name in the small car segment will unveil its next offering Celerio at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 and the car is expected to reach the dealers soon after that. The vehicle is likely to fall in the price brackets of sub ₹5 lakh. If reports are to be believed, the auto aficionados can behind Celerio's wheel by the end of February.
What We Know So Far
According to rumours, the Celerio measures 3600mm in length, 1600mm in width, and 1560mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2425mm. Under the hood, it packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. The company claims a mileage of 23.1 km per litre.
The Celerio is expected to come in in six variants which include LXi, VXi, ZXi, LXi Auto Gear Shift, VXi Auto Gear Shift and ZXi Auto Gear Shift. The LXi variant of Celerio is speculated to feature Manual AC, Power Steering, Tachometer (AMT) and gear-position indicator (AMT), while VXi is expected to come with power windows and Central Locking System in addition to the slew of features offered in the LXi model.
The top variant, ZXi is likely to host an audio system with CD, USB, AUX and Bluetooth capability, audio controls on steering wheel, keyless entry, tilt steering, foglamps (AMT), ABS (AMT) and alloy wheels (AMT).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal