Maruti Suzuki Celerio Bookings Open as Launch Nears; What we Know so Far
By greeshma m | February 3, 2014 5:52 PM EST
Bookings for the much-anticipated Maruti Suzuki Celerio have officially begun in India with an advance payment of ₹10,000.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Pictures Surface Again Ahead of Speculated Launch
The company that has started the promotion of its upcoming Celerio through ads on TV and its webpage, announced the booking in the country. Maruti Celerio, India's first car with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), dubbed Celerio EZ Drive has already created buzz in the auto market.
Maruti, a trusted name in the small car segment will unveil its next offering Celerio at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 and the car is expected to reach the dealers soon after that. The vehicle is likely to fall in the price brackets of sub ₹5 lakh. If reports are to be believed, the auto aficionados can behind Celerio's wheel by the end of February.
What We Know So Far
According to rumours, the Celerio measures 3600mm in length, 1600mm in width, and 1560mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2425mm. Under the hood, it packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. The company claims a mileage of 23.1 km per litre.
The Celerio is expected to come in in six variants which include LXi, VXi, ZXi, LXi Auto Gear Shift, VXi Auto Gear Shift and ZXi Auto Gear Shift. The LXi variant of Celerio is speculated to feature Manual AC, Power Steering, Tachometer (AMT) and gear-position indicator (AMT), while VXi is expected to come with power windows and Central Locking System in addition to the slew of features offered in the LXi model.
The top variant, ZXi is likely to host an audio system with CD, USB, AUX and Bluetooth capability, audio controls on steering wheel, keyless entry, tilt steering, foglamps (AMT), ABS (AMT) and alloy wheels (AMT).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family