Cate Blanchett is a Lesbian, Alcoholic Lawyer in ABC Television Series 'Rake'
By nidhi tewari | February 3, 2014 5:44 PM EST
It took 15 years for Hollywood actress Cate Blanchett to return to television but when she does she has one really strong role as a meth addicted, alcoholic lesbian on ABC Drama series "Rake." Cate has been roped in to portray the character of a lesbian lover opposite equally talented Richard Roxburgh. Richard and Cate worked together in 1997 film "Thank God He Met Lizzie" and the former is happy to have Cate on team.
Critics who have been invited to see the early screening of the film at Sony reported Blanchett to be "stunning", "infallible" and a' tour de force' in her performance t
"Cate's an old friend and I've worked with her a lot ... we just thought it would be hilarious if she would turn up in the guise of a hard-drinking, lesbian version of Cleaver Greene, in the film within the film. She of course gave it the Blanchett magic and it's very tongue-in-cheek and very fun," revealed Richard Roxburgh about Cate's role and then raved about how happy he was to have an Oscar-winning actress on board.
"I don't think Cate's done television in 15 years ... maybe the last thing was Paradise Road. We were very privileged and it was really great when she decided to come and do that for us," said Roxburgh gratefully, according to news.com.au.
The pictures of Cate Blanchett wearing a curly lawyer wig with a liquor glass in hand are appearing on various web sites. You can have a look at the picture here. The "Blue Jasmine" star looks very much in the role and is seen sitting in her office wearing a black coat, typical of the lawyers and seems to be striking a conversation holding a small glass. Other picture shows the "Elisabeth" actress lost in her thoughts.
Unfortunately, Cate has a small role which will last only for one episode. "Rake" is an American comedy-drama television series which has been adapted from the Australian series of the same name. Richard Roxburgh stars in both American and Australian versions. "Rake" returns for its third season next Sunday, 8.30pm on ABC1 and there are rumours in the media that it could be the final season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide