Cate Blanchett is a Lesbian, Alcoholic Lawyer in ABC Television Series 'Rake'
By nidhi tewari | February 3, 2014 5:44 PM EST
It took 15 years for Hollywood actress Cate Blanchett to return to television but when she does she has one really strong role as a meth addicted, alcoholic lesbian on ABC Drama series "Rake." Cate has been roped in to portray the character of a lesbian lover opposite equally talented Richard Roxburgh. Richard and Cate worked together in 1997 film "Thank God He Met Lizzie" and the former is happy to have Cate on team.
Critics who have been invited to see the early screening of the film at Sony reported Blanchett to be "stunning", "infallible" and a' tour de force' in her performance t
"Cate's an old friend and I've worked with her a lot ... we just thought it would be hilarious if she would turn up in the guise of a hard-drinking, lesbian version of Cleaver Greene, in the film within the film. She of course gave it the Blanchett magic and it's very tongue-in-cheek and very fun," revealed Richard Roxburgh about Cate's role and then raved about how happy he was to have an Oscar-winning actress on board.
"I don't think Cate's done television in 15 years ... maybe the last thing was Paradise Road. We were very privileged and it was really great when she decided to come and do that for us," said Roxburgh gratefully, according to news.com.au.
The pictures of Cate Blanchett wearing a curly lawyer wig with a liquor glass in hand are appearing on various web sites. You can have a look at the picture here. The "Blue Jasmine" star looks very much in the role and is seen sitting in her office wearing a black coat, typical of the lawyers and seems to be striking a conversation holding a small glass. Other picture shows the "Elisabeth" actress lost in her thoughts.
Unfortunately, Cate has a small role which will last only for one episode. "Rake" is an American comedy-drama television series which has been adapted from the Australian series of the same name. Richard Roxburgh stars in both American and Australian versions. "Rake" returns for its third season next Sunday, 8.30pm on ABC1 and there are rumours in the media that it could be the final season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports