Cate Blanchett is a Lesbian, Alcoholic Lawyer in ABC Television Series 'Rake'
By nidhi tewari | February 3, 2014 5:44 PM EST
It took 15 years for Hollywood actress Cate Blanchett to return to television but when she does she has one really strong role as a meth addicted, alcoholic lesbian on ABC Drama series "Rake." Cate has been roped in to portray the character of a lesbian lover opposite equally talented Richard Roxburgh. Richard and Cate worked together in 1997 film "Thank God He Met Lizzie" and the former is happy to have Cate on team.
Critics who have been invited to see the early screening of the film at Sony reported Blanchett to be "stunning", "infallible" and a' tour de force' in her performance t
"Cate's an old friend and I've worked with her a lot ... we just thought it would be hilarious if she would turn up in the guise of a hard-drinking, lesbian version of Cleaver Greene, in the film within the film. She of course gave it the Blanchett magic and it's very tongue-in-cheek and very fun," revealed Richard Roxburgh about Cate's role and then raved about how happy he was to have an Oscar-winning actress on board.
"I don't think Cate's done television in 15 years ... maybe the last thing was Paradise Road. We were very privileged and it was really great when she decided to come and do that for us," said Roxburgh gratefully, according to news.com.au.
The pictures of Cate Blanchett wearing a curly lawyer wig with a liquor glass in hand are appearing on various web sites. You can have a look at the picture here. The "Blue Jasmine" star looks very much in the role and is seen sitting in her office wearing a black coat, typical of the lawyers and seems to be striking a conversation holding a small glass. Other picture shows the "Elisabeth" actress lost in her thoughts.
Unfortunately, Cate has a small role which will last only for one episode. "Rake" is an American comedy-drama television series which has been adapted from the Australian series of the same name. Richard Roxburgh stars in both American and Australian versions. "Rake" returns for its third season next Sunday, 8.30pm on ABC1 and there are rumours in the media that it could be the final season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?