Cate Blanchett is a Lesbian, Alcoholic Lawyer in ABC Television Series 'Rake'
By nidhi tewari | February 3, 2014 5:44 PM EST
It took 15 years for Hollywood actress Cate Blanchett to return to television but when she does she has one really strong role as a meth addicted, alcoholic lesbian on ABC Drama series "Rake." Cate has been roped in to portray the character of a lesbian lover opposite equally talented Richard Roxburgh. Richard and Cate worked together in 1997 film "Thank God He Met Lizzie" and the former is happy to have Cate on team.
Critics who have been invited to see the early screening of the film at Sony reported Blanchett to be "stunning", "infallible" and a' tour de force' in her performance t
"Cate's an old friend and I've worked with her a lot ... we just thought it would be hilarious if she would turn up in the guise of a hard-drinking, lesbian version of Cleaver Greene, in the film within the film. She of course gave it the Blanchett magic and it's very tongue-in-cheek and very fun," revealed Richard Roxburgh about Cate's role and then raved about how happy he was to have an Oscar-winning actress on board.
"I don't think Cate's done television in 15 years ... maybe the last thing was Paradise Road. We were very privileged and it was really great when she decided to come and do that for us," said Roxburgh gratefully, according to news.com.au.
The pictures of Cate Blanchett wearing a curly lawyer wig with a liquor glass in hand are appearing on various web sites. You can have a look at the picture here. The "Blue Jasmine" star looks very much in the role and is seen sitting in her office wearing a black coat, typical of the lawyers and seems to be striking a conversation holding a small glass. Other picture shows the "Elisabeth" actress lost in her thoughts.
Unfortunately, Cate has a small role which will last only for one episode. "Rake" is an American comedy-drama television series which has been adapted from the Australian series of the same name. Richard Roxburgh stars in both American and Australian versions. "Rake" returns for its third season next Sunday, 8.30pm on ABC1 and there are rumours in the media that it could be the final season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown