Sony Xperia M Closer Look: 8 Great Features For Entry-Level Smartphone; Advantages And Disadvantages Revealed
By Ryan Inoyori | February 3, 2014 5:17 PM EST
Sony Xperia M features single and dual-SIM options for entry-level smartphones released in 2013. Also, Xperia M sports one unique key not found in most high-class devices or camera shutter button for quick snapshots anytime. Here are the ups and downs upcoming Android 4.3 recipient this year.
Sony Xperia M Features
For an entry-level smartphone, Xperia M boasts 4-inch screen size with 480 x 854 display resolution and 245 pixel density, scratch-resistant glass, four-finger multitouch, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, dual-core processor and 32 GB microSD support.
If you are looking for good basic Android smartphone or want to know what Xperia M holds inside, check out the great things brought by Sony.
Sony didn't only delivered Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth 4.0 on Xperia M but they also added NFC to enable you to wirelessly send music output to compatible speakers and even bring videos to much bigger screens.
2. Premium Design
Power key is made up of aluminium and its screen has scratch-resistant feature to survive day-to-day stress.
3. Illuminated Alerts
These enable you to easily notice any alerts such as calls, SMS or apps via illumination generated by the smartphone.
4. Decent Camera
A 5 MP camera lets you record in high-definition with Auto Focus and use the HDR mode for natural colors.
5. Camera Key
It needs to unlock before taking snapshots, simply press the dedicated camera button to make quick captures without unlocking the lock screen.
6. Snapdragon Processor
Sony used Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Plus dual-core processor to support fast performance, improved power management and stable multitasking with the help of 1GB RAM.
7. HD Voice
You can enable HD Voice feature to eliminate background noise and improve voice clarity during calls.
8. STAMINA mode
It boosts and extends battery using Sony's STAMINA mode by allowing the power manager on controlling syncing intervals, wireless connection and other functions.
Advantages Using Xperia M
Even if Xperia M is only an entry-level smartphone, Sony did add some of its trademark features found on mid-range and even high-class Xperia devices.
- STAMINA mode and two more power managers
- HD and HDR mode on the camera
- Dual-core CPU combined with 1 GB of RAM
- Multiple design colors available
- Notification LED which normally found on selected devices
- Dedicated camera key
- Dual-SIM model variant available
No matter how great the CPU, camera modes and LED light, some things have been left out by Sony that makes Xperia M totally an entry-level smartphone.
- Video camera quality isn't that great
- BRAVIA engine for mobile doesn't support the display
- Pixel density just on the right level
- Viewing angles may not be appealing
- Internal storage is too small for some users
- No LTE variant (entry-level aspect)
- Limited audio and video codec
- Android version isn't the same on both variants
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report