'Guardians Of the Galaxy' Trailer: Super Bowl Commercial Rumors Denied, Upcoming Trailer Teasers
By Vanessa Francisco | February 3, 2014 5:05 PM EST
Apparently, Guardians of the Galaxy fans will not see the Star-Lord during the 2014 Super Bowl.
The Hollywood Reporter previously fueled the Guardians trailer rumor when the Web site reported Disney was getting more Super Bowl airtime. While the company seems to have gotten a spot for the Need for Speed advertisement and may also use another one for Captain America: The Winter Solider trailer, it was not clear what it would place in other very expensive spaces.
Guardians of the Galaxy was the first Marvel movie that did not feature any member of the Avengers at all and it is far less popular than its Phase Two counterparts. But it seems Disney and Marvel are not planning to place a trailer in front of more than 100 million viewers tuning in for the Super Bowl.
Guardians Director James Gunn tweeted on Thursday: "For those who are asking about a #gotg Super Bowl spot, there won't be any but we will surely have something incredibly awesome soon."
This recent tweet was in line with the Facebook post he made earlier in January after he shared a NASA image of the Hand of God Pulsar Wind Nebula and joked it was a special piece of marketing for the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie.
"We are saving Rocket Racoon for the second nebula, which will not be out for the next couple of months," James teased in the photo caption, making a reference to both Karen Gillan's and Bradley Cooper's characters.
Guardians of the Galaxy is still months away. Gunn said the movie was one of Marvel's biggest productions to date. Even if it was less popular than Captain America, Thor and Iron Man, the galaxy-based film was believed to provide epic settings and intriguing set of characters.
The moview stars Zoe Saldana as Gamora, joining the eccentric team of Peter Quill also known as Star-Load, played by Chris Pratt. Also in Peter's group are the bomb-happy Rocket Raccoon, played as Bradley Cooper's voice, Drax the Destroyer played by Dave Bautista and a sentient tree, Groot played by Vin Diesel's voice. Guardians of the Galaxy will be released in theaters Aug. 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch