'Guardians Of the Galaxy' Trailer: Super Bowl Commercial Rumors Denied, Upcoming Trailer Teasers
By Vanessa Francisco | February 3, 2014 5:05 PM EST
Apparently, Guardians of the Galaxy fans will not see the Star-Lord during the 2014 Super Bowl.
The Hollywood Reporter previously fueled the Guardians trailer rumor when the Web site reported Disney was getting more Super Bowl airtime. While the company seems to have gotten a spot for the Need for Speed advertisement and may also use another one for Captain America: The Winter Solider trailer, it was not clear what it would place in other very expensive spaces.
Guardians of the Galaxy was the first Marvel movie that did not feature any member of the Avengers at all and it is far less popular than its Phase Two counterparts. But it seems Disney and Marvel are not planning to place a trailer in front of more than 100 million viewers tuning in for the Super Bowl.
Guardians Director James Gunn tweeted on Thursday: "For those who are asking about a #gotg Super Bowl spot, there won't be any but we will surely have something incredibly awesome soon."
This recent tweet was in line with the Facebook post he made earlier in January after he shared a NASA image of the Hand of God Pulsar Wind Nebula and joked it was a special piece of marketing for the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie.
"We are saving Rocket Racoon for the second nebula, which will not be out for the next couple of months," James teased in the photo caption, making a reference to both Karen Gillan's and Bradley Cooper's characters.
Guardians of the Galaxy is still months away. Gunn said the movie was one of Marvel's biggest productions to date. Even if it was less popular than Captain America, Thor and Iron Man, the galaxy-based film was believed to provide epic settings and intriguing set of characters.
The moview stars Zoe Saldana as Gamora, joining the eccentric team of Peter Quill also known as Star-Load, played by Chris Pratt. Also in Peter's group are the bomb-happy Rocket Raccoon, played as Bradley Cooper's voice, Drax the Destroyer played by Dave Bautista and a sentient tree, Groot played by Vin Diesel's voice. Guardians of the Galaxy will be released in theaters Aug. 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money