'Guardians Of the Galaxy' Trailer: Super Bowl Commercial Rumors Denied, Upcoming Trailer Teasers
By Vanessa Francisco | February 3, 2014 5:05 PM EST
Apparently, Guardians of the Galaxy fans will not see the Star-Lord during the 2014 Super Bowl.
The Hollywood Reporter previously fueled the Guardians trailer rumor when the Web site reported Disney was getting more Super Bowl airtime. While the company seems to have gotten a spot for the Need for Speed advertisement and may also use another one for Captain America: The Winter Solider trailer, it was not clear what it would place in other very expensive spaces.
Guardians of the Galaxy was the first Marvel movie that did not feature any member of the Avengers at all and it is far less popular than its Phase Two counterparts. But it seems Disney and Marvel are not planning to place a trailer in front of more than 100 million viewers tuning in for the Super Bowl.
Guardians Director James Gunn tweeted on Thursday: "For those who are asking about a #gotg Super Bowl spot, there won't be any but we will surely have something incredibly awesome soon."
This recent tweet was in line with the Facebook post he made earlier in January after he shared a NASA image of the Hand of God Pulsar Wind Nebula and joked it was a special piece of marketing for the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie.
"We are saving Rocket Racoon for the second nebula, which will not be out for the next couple of months," James teased in the photo caption, making a reference to both Karen Gillan's and Bradley Cooper's characters.
Guardians of the Galaxy is still months away. Gunn said the movie was one of Marvel's biggest productions to date. Even if it was less popular than Captain America, Thor and Iron Man, the galaxy-based film was believed to provide epic settings and intriguing set of characters.
The moview stars Zoe Saldana as Gamora, joining the eccentric team of Peter Quill also known as Star-Load, played by Chris Pratt. Also in Peter's group are the bomb-happy Rocket Raccoon, played as Bradley Cooper's voice, Drax the Destroyer played by Dave Bautista and a sentient tree, Groot played by Vin Diesel's voice. Guardians of the Galaxy will be released in theaters Aug. 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS