'Guardians Of the Galaxy' Trailer: Super Bowl Commercial Rumors Denied, Upcoming Trailer Teasers
By Vanessa Francisco | February 3, 2014 5:05 PM EST
Apparently, Guardians of the Galaxy fans will not see the Star-Lord during the 2014 Super Bowl.
The Hollywood Reporter previously fueled the Guardians trailer rumor when the Web site reported Disney was getting more Super Bowl airtime. While the company seems to have gotten a spot for the Need for Speed advertisement and may also use another one for Captain America: The Winter Solider trailer, it was not clear what it would place in other very expensive spaces.
Guardians of the Galaxy was the first Marvel movie that did not feature any member of the Avengers at all and it is far less popular than its Phase Two counterparts. But it seems Disney and Marvel are not planning to place a trailer in front of more than 100 million viewers tuning in for the Super Bowl.
Guardians Director James Gunn tweeted on Thursday: "For those who are asking about a #gotg Super Bowl spot, there won't be any but we will surely have something incredibly awesome soon."
This recent tweet was in line with the Facebook post he made earlier in January after he shared a NASA image of the Hand of God Pulsar Wind Nebula and joked it was a special piece of marketing for the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie.
"We are saving Rocket Racoon for the second nebula, which will not be out for the next couple of months," James teased in the photo caption, making a reference to both Karen Gillan's and Bradley Cooper's characters.
Guardians of the Galaxy is still months away. Gunn said the movie was one of Marvel's biggest productions to date. Even if it was less popular than Captain America, Thor and Iron Man, the galaxy-based film was believed to provide epic settings and intriguing set of characters.
The moview stars Zoe Saldana as Gamora, joining the eccentric team of Peter Quill also known as Star-Load, played by Chris Pratt. Also in Peter's group are the bomb-happy Rocket Raccoon, played as Bradley Cooper's voice, Drax the Destroyer played by Dave Bautista and a sentient tree, Groot played by Vin Diesel's voice. Guardians of the Galaxy will be released in theaters Aug. 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Emmy Awards 2014: Where To Watch Live Online, Top Nominations [VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features