Shocking Indeed! Woody Allen's Daughter Dylan Farrow Reveals Details of Father's Sexual Abuse When She Was 7!
By nidhi tewari | February 3, 2014 4:43 PM EST
"What is your favourite Woody Allen movie?," this is not as simple a question as it may sound. Woody Allen's daughter Dylan Farrow asks this questions to many celebrities and all the fans of the world famous American director and then goes on to reveal how she was sexually abused by her famous father as a child. Dylan Farrow contacted a New York Times columnist to write an open letter revealing the details of her sexual assault from her father when she was just seven!
Woody Allen's latest film, 'To Rome With Love,' will open the L.A. Film Festival
Woody Allen has been in news recently for getting a Life Time Achievement Award at the recent Golden Globes. There was a debate in the media where the 78-year-old director, who has been accused of child molestation, should have been given this award or not. Woody Allen's adopted daughter Dylan, who is now 28, had maintained her silence until now. But when her dad was bestowed with this honour she could not keep quiet and contacted Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times to share her side of story.
"What's your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house," the letter by Dylan starts.
"He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother's electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we'd go to Paris and I'd be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains," she continues her tragic tale.
Dylan then reveals how she tried to share her side of story with her mother Mia Farrow.
"When I asked my mother if her dad did to her what Woody Allen did to me, I honestly did not know the answer. I also didn't know the firestorm it would trigger. I didn't know that my father would use his sexual relationship with my sister to cover up the abuse he inflicted on me," she continues.
You can read the full version of the letter here. As expected Dylan's dad Woody Allen has called the letter and the sexual assault charges as false. "Mr. Allen has read the article and found it untrue and disgraceful. He will be responding very soon," a rep for Allen told the Hollywood Reporter in a statement.
Do you think that Dylan Farrow has done the right thing to come out in open and tell her side of story? Should Woody Allen apologise to his daughter and even be criminalised by court? What are your views on the story?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary