Shocking Indeed! Woody Allen's Daughter Dylan Farrow Reveals Details of Father's Sexual Abuse When She Was 7!
By nidhi tewari | February 3, 2014 4:43 PM EST
"What is your favourite Woody Allen movie?," this is not as simple a question as it may sound. Woody Allen's daughter Dylan Farrow asks this questions to many celebrities and all the fans of the world famous American director and then goes on to reveal how she was sexually abused by her famous father as a child. Dylan Farrow contacted a New York Times columnist to write an open letter revealing the details of her sexual assault from her father when she was just seven!
Woody Allen's latest film, 'To Rome With Love,' will open the L.A. Film Festival
Woody Allen has been in news recently for getting a Life Time Achievement Award at the recent Golden Globes. There was a debate in the media where the 78-year-old director, who has been accused of child molestation, should have been given this award or not. Woody Allen's adopted daughter Dylan, who is now 28, had maintained her silence until now. But when her dad was bestowed with this honour she could not keep quiet and contacted Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times to share her side of story.
"What's your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house," the letter by Dylan starts.
"He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother's electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we'd go to Paris and I'd be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains," she continues her tragic tale.
Dylan then reveals how she tried to share her side of story with her mother Mia Farrow.
"When I asked my mother if her dad did to her what Woody Allen did to me, I honestly did not know the answer. I also didn't know the firestorm it would trigger. I didn't know that my father would use his sexual relationship with my sister to cover up the abuse he inflicted on me," she continues.
You can read the full version of the letter here. As expected Dylan's dad Woody Allen has called the letter and the sexual assault charges as false. "Mr. Allen has read the article and found it untrue and disgraceful. He will be responding very soon," a rep for Allen told the Hollywood Reporter in a statement.
Do you think that Dylan Farrow has done the right thing to come out in open and tell her side of story? Should Woody Allen apologise to his daughter and even be criminalised by court? What are your views on the story?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown