BSE Sensex Falls; Blue Chips, Telecom Stocks Drag
February 3, 2014 4:41 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.42 percent, while the Nifty is down 0.43 percent, heading for their sixth day of falls in seven.
BSE Sensex Falls Over 100 points
Asian shares were slowly giving ground on Monday as strains in emerging markets show little sign of abating, while growing pressure for another policy easing in Europe shoved the euro to 10-week lows.
Also weighing on the sentiment, Overseas investors sold Indian shares worth $104.2 million on Friday, provisional exchange data shows.
However, Lupin Ltd (LUPN.NS) gains 2 percent ahead of its December-quarter results later in the day.
Join the Conversation
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide