BSE Sensex Falls; Blue Chips, Telecom Stocks Drag
February 3, 2014 4:41 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.42 percent, while the Nifty is down 0.43 percent, heading for their sixth day of falls in seven.
BSE Sensex Falls Over 100 points
Asian shares were slowly giving ground on Monday as strains in emerging markets show little sign of abating, while growing pressure for another policy easing in Europe shoved the euro to 10-week lows.
Also weighing on the sentiment, Overseas investors sold Indian shares worth $104.2 million on Friday, provisional exchange data shows.
However, Lupin Ltd (LUPN.NS) gains 2 percent ahead of its December-quarter results later in the day.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- China Crackdown Against Christianity: Removes Church Cross, Cites Building Code Violation
- Australia’s Richest People Under 30 in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install