Super Bowl 2014: Bruno Mars Nailed It with Good Ol’ James Brown Motown Feel! Superstar of Pop Music has Arrived [SLIDESHOW]
February 3, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Super Bowl 2014: Bruno Mars Nailed It With Good Ol’ James Brown Motown Feel! Superstar of Pop Music has Arrived
Bruno Mars, a not-so-familiar name in the Super Bowl circuit, delivered one of the finest performances in the 2014 leg of the sporting event. Super Bowl is known for creating icons, so why not Bruno Mars this time? He wasn't one of the biggest names that the game has booked so far, like Madonna, Beyonce and Bruce Springsteen. Bruno is new in the business.
Super Bowl Halftime 2014 headliner Bruno Mars, whose sound is inspired by Elvis Presley and other artists from the '60s and '70s era, nailed the performance with the band.
Forget the fireworks over MetLife Stadium, Bruno's performance was spot on and fireworks-infused. The set was packed with superb hits; it started with a blackout and recollected last year's Super Bowl in New Orleans.
Bruno emerged in a gold lame jacket and black tuxedo pants and showcased his skills behind the drum kit. After the killing it on the drums, he started the 12-minute medley with "Locked Out of Heaven," "Treasure" and "Runaway Baby."
The unique thing about Bruno's set that it had that good ol' Motown feel. His eight-piece band was certainly inspired by James Brown and the old Motown Records tour.
Bruno, during his Super Bowl 2014 halftime set, paid tribute to that era by including bars of the "Shout!" by Isley Brothers into "Runaway Baby." Quickly, the set introduced the dance routine from James Brown and invited the funky "Red Hot Chili Peppers to "Give It Away."
That was not all. The singer also paid tribute to the troops by dedicating "Just the Way You Are" to friends and family members.
In the times when pop music is dominated by outrageous artists and style, Bruno Mars is like a breath of fresh air. After his awesome-sauce Super Bowl 2014 halftime performance, he will be remembered as one of the finest entertainers with some really cool and groovy numbers like "Treasure."
Enjoy the slideshow featuring Bruno Mars performing at 2014 Super Bowl Halftime.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports