Super Bowl 2014: Bruno Mars Nailed It with Good Ol’ James Brown Motown Feel! Superstar of Pop Music has Arrived [SLIDESHOW]
February 3, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Super Bowl 2014: Bruno Mars Nailed It With Good Ol’ James Brown Motown Feel! Superstar of Pop Music has Arrived
Bruno Mars, a not-so-familiar name in the Super Bowl circuit, delivered one of the finest performances in the 2014 leg of the sporting event. Super Bowl is known for creating icons, so why not Bruno Mars this time? He wasn't one of the biggest names that the game has booked so far, like Madonna, Beyonce and Bruce Springsteen. Bruno is new in the business.
Super Bowl Halftime 2014 headliner Bruno Mars, whose sound is inspired by Elvis Presley and other artists from the '60s and '70s era, nailed the performance with the band.
Forget the fireworks over MetLife Stadium, Bruno's performance was spot on and fireworks-infused. The set was packed with superb hits; it started with a blackout and recollected last year's Super Bowl in New Orleans.
Bruno emerged in a gold lame jacket and black tuxedo pants and showcased his skills behind the drum kit. After the killing it on the drums, he started the 12-minute medley with "Locked Out of Heaven," "Treasure" and "Runaway Baby."
The unique thing about Bruno's set that it had that good ol' Motown feel. His eight-piece band was certainly inspired by James Brown and the old Motown Records tour.
Bruno, during his Super Bowl 2014 halftime set, paid tribute to that era by including bars of the "Shout!" by Isley Brothers into "Runaway Baby." Quickly, the set introduced the dance routine from James Brown and invited the funky "Red Hot Chili Peppers to "Give It Away."
That was not all. The singer also paid tribute to the troops by dedicating "Just the Way You Are" to friends and family members.
In the times when pop music is dominated by outrageous artists and style, Bruno Mars is like a breath of fresh air. After his awesome-sauce Super Bowl 2014 halftime performance, he will be remembered as one of the finest entertainers with some really cool and groovy numbers like "Treasure."
Enjoy the slideshow featuring Bruno Mars performing at 2014 Super Bowl Halftime.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored