Super Bowl 2014: Bruno Mars Nailed It with Good Ol’ James Brown Motown Feel! Superstar of Pop Music has Arrived [SLIDESHOW]
February 3, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Super Bowl 2014: Bruno Mars Nailed It With Good Ol’ James Brown Motown Feel! Superstar of Pop Music has Arrived
Bruno Mars, a not-so-familiar name in the Super Bowl circuit, delivered one of the finest performances in the 2014 leg of the sporting event. Super Bowl is known for creating icons, so why not Bruno Mars this time? He wasn't one of the biggest names that the game has booked so far, like Madonna, Beyonce and Bruce Springsteen. Bruno is new in the business.
Super Bowl Halftime 2014 headliner Bruno Mars, whose sound is inspired by Elvis Presley and other artists from the '60s and '70s era, nailed the performance with the band.
Forget the fireworks over MetLife Stadium, Bruno's performance was spot on and fireworks-infused. The set was packed with superb hits; it started with a blackout and recollected last year's Super Bowl in New Orleans.
Bruno emerged in a gold lame jacket and black tuxedo pants and showcased his skills behind the drum kit. After the killing it on the drums, he started the 12-minute medley with "Locked Out of Heaven," "Treasure" and "Runaway Baby."
The unique thing about Bruno's set that it had that good ol' Motown feel. His eight-piece band was certainly inspired by James Brown and the old Motown Records tour.
Bruno, during his Super Bowl 2014 halftime set, paid tribute to that era by including bars of the "Shout!" by Isley Brothers into "Runaway Baby." Quickly, the set introduced the dance routine from James Brown and invited the funky "Red Hot Chili Peppers to "Give It Away."
That was not all. The singer also paid tribute to the troops by dedicating "Just the Way You Are" to friends and family members.
In the times when pop music is dominated by outrageous artists and style, Bruno Mars is like a breath of fresh air. After his awesome-sauce Super Bowl 2014 halftime performance, he will be remembered as one of the finest entertainers with some really cool and groovy numbers like "Treasure."
Enjoy the slideshow featuring Bruno Mars performing at 2014 Super Bowl Halftime.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0