Never Seen Before! Meet American Apparel's Sixty-Two-Year-old Lingerie Model Jacky O'Shaughnessy
By nidhi tewari | February 3, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Just how old are the average lingerie models? Eighteen years old? Or on the higher side maybe twenty five? But can you imagine a lingerie model in their 60s? Well it's true. Meet Jacky O'Shaughnessy, a 62-year-old lingerie model for American Apparel - a Los Angeles based clothing giant. She is 6 feet tall and has a sleek and slender frame which accentuates her grey long shiny hair. And this is O'Shaughnessy's first ever modelling assignment.
O'Shaughnessy didn't turn a lingerie model overnight. She started her career with American Label in 2011 and came out with a sports wear campaign where she was completely covered. Next year, O'Shaughnessy surprised everyone when she appeared in pictures that showed her in high waist panties and a bandeau bra! Vogue did a story on her and O'Shaughnessy's pictures can be seen here.
The sexy 62-year-old is seen posing in a purple high waist panty and a lace bra. She sits comfortably on the floor and exudes confidence. The comments on the Instagram page of the brand are amazing.
"Beautiful! Love that they are showing a sexy older woman. This is what we need more of," writes vixie504 on Instagram.
"So gorgeous!! She exudes such amazing confidence," writes tessemiro on Instagram.
However there are critics who believe that the American Apparel brand has made a much older woman their lingerie model because they want to be in press and gain publicity.
"I'm sick of brand being like, omg we are so diverse! Look, a size 8! And yeah, I am unimpressed with most brands. Besides, do you really think women in their sixties shop AA? No. They did this sh*t for press," writes sycopantedlife on Instagram.
Jacky O'Shaughnessy entered into the modelling industry when she was 60. "You know, I've read so many times that modelling is vapid at best. I found it to be engaging and creative. It requires energy and an ability to communicate without words. [the photographer] Marsha had something in mind and took a lot of care to get it right," O'Shaughnessy spoke to Fashionista.com, soon after she shot for the lingerie advert.
"It wasn't a big shoot with lots of people fussing and helping, it was just Marsha with her camera so it was very personal," added the model.
What are your views on O'Shaughness's lingerie advert? Do you think more fashion brands should focus on bringing older women as models?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS