Never Seen Before! Meet American Apparel's Sixty-Two-Year-old Lingerie Model Jacky O'Shaughnessy
By nidhi tewari | February 3, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Just how old are the average lingerie models? Eighteen years old? Or on the higher side maybe twenty five? But can you imagine a lingerie model in their 60s? Well it's true. Meet Jacky O'Shaughnessy, a 62-year-old lingerie model for American Apparel - a Los Angeles based clothing giant. She is 6 feet tall and has a sleek and slender frame which accentuates her grey long shiny hair. And this is O'Shaughnessy's first ever modelling assignment.
O'Shaughnessy didn't turn a lingerie model overnight. She started her career with American Label in 2011 and came out with a sports wear campaign where she was completely covered. Next year, O'Shaughnessy surprised everyone when she appeared in pictures that showed her in high waist panties and a bandeau bra! Vogue did a story on her and O'Shaughnessy's pictures can be seen here.
The sexy 62-year-old is seen posing in a purple high waist panty and a lace bra. She sits comfortably on the floor and exudes confidence. The comments on the Instagram page of the brand are amazing.
"Beautiful! Love that they are showing a sexy older woman. This is what we need more of," writes vixie504 on Instagram.
"So gorgeous!! She exudes such amazing confidence," writes tessemiro on Instagram.
However there are critics who believe that the American Apparel brand has made a much older woman their lingerie model because they want to be in press and gain publicity.
"I'm sick of brand being like, omg we are so diverse! Look, a size 8! And yeah, I am unimpressed with most brands. Besides, do you really think women in their sixties shop AA? No. They did this sh*t for press," writes sycopantedlife on Instagram.
Jacky O'Shaughnessy entered into the modelling industry when she was 60. "You know, I've read so many times that modelling is vapid at best. I found it to be engaging and creative. It requires energy and an ability to communicate without words. [the photographer] Marsha had something in mind and took a lot of care to get it right," O'Shaughnessy spoke to Fashionista.com, soon after she shot for the lingerie advert.
"It wasn't a big shoot with lots of people fussing and helping, it was just Marsha with her camera so it was very personal," added the model.
What are your views on O'Shaughness's lingerie advert? Do you think more fashion brands should focus on bringing older women as models?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate