Never Seen Before! Meet American Apparel's Sixty-Two-Year-old Lingerie Model Jacky O'Shaughnessy
By nidhi tewari | February 3, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Just how old are the average lingerie models? Eighteen years old? Or on the higher side maybe twenty five? But can you imagine a lingerie model in their 60s? Well it's true. Meet Jacky O'Shaughnessy, a 62-year-old lingerie model for American Apparel - a Los Angeles based clothing giant. She is 6 feet tall and has a sleek and slender frame which accentuates her grey long shiny hair. And this is O'Shaughnessy's first ever modelling assignment.
O'Shaughnessy didn't turn a lingerie model overnight. She started her career with American Label in 2011 and came out with a sports wear campaign where she was completely covered. Next year, O'Shaughnessy surprised everyone when she appeared in pictures that showed her in high waist panties and a bandeau bra! Vogue did a story on her and O'Shaughnessy's pictures can be seen here.
The sexy 62-year-old is seen posing in a purple high waist panty and a lace bra. She sits comfortably on the floor and exudes confidence. The comments on the Instagram page of the brand are amazing.
"Beautiful! Love that they are showing a sexy older woman. This is what we need more of," writes vixie504 on Instagram.
"So gorgeous!! She exudes such amazing confidence," writes tessemiro on Instagram.
However there are critics who believe that the American Apparel brand has made a much older woman their lingerie model because they want to be in press and gain publicity.
"I'm sick of brand being like, omg we are so diverse! Look, a size 8! And yeah, I am unimpressed with most brands. Besides, do you really think women in their sixties shop AA? No. They did this sh*t for press," writes sycopantedlife on Instagram.
Jacky O'Shaughnessy entered into the modelling industry when she was 60. "You know, I've read so many times that modelling is vapid at best. I found it to be engaging and creative. It requires energy and an ability to communicate without words. [the photographer] Marsha had something in mind and took a lot of care to get it right," O'Shaughnessy spoke to Fashionista.com, soon after she shot for the lingerie advert.
"It wasn't a big shoot with lots of people fussing and helping, it was just Marsha with her camera so it was very personal," added the model.
What are your views on O'Shaughness's lingerie advert? Do you think more fashion brands should focus on bringing older women as models?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report