Never Seen Before! Meet American Apparel's Sixty-Two-Year-old Lingerie Model Jacky O'Shaughnessy
By nidhi tewari | February 3, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Just how old are the average lingerie models? Eighteen years old? Or on the higher side maybe twenty five? But can you imagine a lingerie model in their 60s? Well it's true. Meet Jacky O'Shaughnessy, a 62-year-old lingerie model for American Apparel - a Los Angeles based clothing giant. She is 6 feet tall and has a sleek and slender frame which accentuates her grey long shiny hair. And this is O'Shaughnessy's first ever modelling assignment.
O'Shaughnessy didn't turn a lingerie model overnight. She started her career with American Label in 2011 and came out with a sports wear campaign where she was completely covered. Next year, O'Shaughnessy surprised everyone when she appeared in pictures that showed her in high waist panties and a bandeau bra! Vogue did a story on her and O'Shaughnessy's pictures can be seen here.
The sexy 62-year-old is seen posing in a purple high waist panty and a lace bra. She sits comfortably on the floor and exudes confidence. The comments on the Instagram page of the brand are amazing.
"Beautiful! Love that they are showing a sexy older woman. This is what we need more of," writes vixie504 on Instagram.
"So gorgeous!! She exudes such amazing confidence," writes tessemiro on Instagram.
However there are critics who believe that the American Apparel brand has made a much older woman their lingerie model because they want to be in press and gain publicity.
"I'm sick of brand being like, omg we are so diverse! Look, a size 8! And yeah, I am unimpressed with most brands. Besides, do you really think women in their sixties shop AA? No. They did this sh*t for press," writes sycopantedlife on Instagram.
Jacky O'Shaughnessy entered into the modelling industry when she was 60. "You know, I've read so many times that modelling is vapid at best. I found it to be engaging and creative. It requires energy and an ability to communicate without words. [the photographer] Marsha had something in mind and took a lot of care to get it right," O'Shaughnessy spoke to Fashionista.com, soon after she shot for the lingerie advert.
"It wasn't a big shoot with lots of people fussing and helping, it was just Marsha with her camera so it was very personal," added the model.
What are your views on O'Shaughness's lingerie advert? Do you think more fashion brands should focus on bringing older women as models?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date