Never Seen Before! Meet American Apparel's Sixty-Two-Year-old Lingerie Model Jacky O'Shaughnessy
By nidhi tewari | February 3, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Just how old are the average lingerie models? Eighteen years old? Or on the higher side maybe twenty five? But can you imagine a lingerie model in their 60s? Well it's true. Meet Jacky O'Shaughnessy, a 62-year-old lingerie model for American Apparel - a Los Angeles based clothing giant. She is 6 feet tall and has a sleek and slender frame which accentuates her grey long shiny hair. And this is O'Shaughnessy's first ever modelling assignment.
O'Shaughnessy didn't turn a lingerie model overnight. She started her career with American Label in 2011 and came out with a sports wear campaign where she was completely covered. Next year, O'Shaughnessy surprised everyone when she appeared in pictures that showed her in high waist panties and a bandeau bra! Vogue did a story on her and O'Shaughnessy's pictures can be seen here.
The sexy 62-year-old is seen posing in a purple high waist panty and a lace bra. She sits comfortably on the floor and exudes confidence. The comments on the Instagram page of the brand are amazing.
"Beautiful! Love that they are showing a sexy older woman. This is what we need more of," writes vixie504 on Instagram.
"So gorgeous!! She exudes such amazing confidence," writes tessemiro on Instagram.
However there are critics who believe that the American Apparel brand has made a much older woman their lingerie model because they want to be in press and gain publicity.
"I'm sick of brand being like, omg we are so diverse! Look, a size 8! And yeah, I am unimpressed with most brands. Besides, do you really think women in their sixties shop AA? No. They did this sh*t for press," writes sycopantedlife on Instagram.
Jacky O'Shaughnessy entered into the modelling industry when she was 60. "You know, I've read so many times that modelling is vapid at best. I found it to be engaging and creative. It requires energy and an ability to communicate without words. [the photographer] Marsha had something in mind and took a lot of care to get it right," O'Shaughnessy spoke to Fashionista.com, soon after she shot for the lingerie advert.
"It wasn't a big shoot with lots of people fussing and helping, it was just Marsha with her camera so it was very personal," added the model.
What are your views on O'Shaughness's lingerie advert? Do you think more fashion brands should focus on bringing older women as models?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles