HTC One 2 (M8) Features Include On-Screen Button, Hints New Leak
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 3, 2014 3:25 PM EST
A new leak confirmed that HTC One 2 features may include on-screen buttons.
The HTC One 2, also known as the HTC M8, is rumoured to ditch all physical and capacitive buttons and will be replaced with on-screen buttons. The image comes from an anonymous email leaked on the Chinese site Weibo. According to HTC Source, the new leaked photo showed that the HTC M8 will have new buttons to operate the handset.
Android 4.4 on HTC One will be delayed.
The new HTC handset may pack buttons that are similar to other Android devices such as Nexus, Motorola and LG devices. HTC's previous devices use this standard three-button layout. The only difference with HTC One 2 would be the device's back button.
For users who still prefer hardware or capacitive buttons on their Android devices, on-screen buttons will offer an advantage. The HTC One 2's on-screen buttons will be useful for the device's rumoured larger displays.
Reliable tipster @evleaks first hinted that the HTC One 2 will pack on-screen buttons. The previous HTC One is a smartphone that disappointed users with its button configuration. The handset has no menu button, as it was replaced by the HTC logo at the bottom of the screen.
There are speculations that HTC yielded to Google's pressure to share its own vision when it comes to the interface of the device.
The HTC One 2 is rumoured to pack a larger screen display at 5 inches as well as the latest Snapdragon processor by Qualcomm. Other rumoured features of the device are Full HD screen panel or a 2K screen display, ultrapixel rear camera and 2.1-MP front facing camera, 2 GB RAM, 2,900 mAh battery and Sense 6.0. The handset is also alleged to come in various colours. However, HTC has not dropped any details or hints yet.
The HTC One 2 release date will take place at the Mobile World Congress later this month, according to speculations. However, there are also rumours saying that HTC will finally hold its own event to introduce the successor of HTC One in March, skipping the aforementioned event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots