HTC One 2 (M8) Features Include On-Screen Button, Hints New Leak
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 3, 2014 3:25 PM EST
A new leak confirmed that HTC One 2 features may include on-screen buttons.
The HTC One 2, also known as the HTC M8, is rumoured to ditch all physical and capacitive buttons and will be replaced with on-screen buttons. The image comes from an anonymous email leaked on the Chinese site Weibo. According to HTC Source, the new leaked photo showed that the HTC M8 will have new buttons to operate the handset.
Android 4.4 on HTC One will be delayed.
The new HTC handset may pack buttons that are similar to other Android devices such as Nexus, Motorola and LG devices. HTC's previous devices use this standard three-button layout. The only difference with HTC One 2 would be the device's back button.
For users who still prefer hardware or capacitive buttons on their Android devices, on-screen buttons will offer an advantage. The HTC One 2's on-screen buttons will be useful for the device's rumoured larger displays.
Reliable tipster @evleaks first hinted that the HTC One 2 will pack on-screen buttons. The previous HTC One is a smartphone that disappointed users with its button configuration. The handset has no menu button, as it was replaced by the HTC logo at the bottom of the screen.
There are speculations that HTC yielded to Google's pressure to share its own vision when it comes to the interface of the device.
The HTC One 2 is rumoured to pack a larger screen display at 5 inches as well as the latest Snapdragon processor by Qualcomm. Other rumoured features of the device are Full HD screen panel or a 2K screen display, ultrapixel rear camera and 2.1-MP front facing camera, 2 GB RAM, 2,900 mAh battery and Sense 6.0. The handset is also alleged to come in various colours. However, HTC has not dropped any details or hints yet.
The HTC One 2 release date will take place at the Mobile World Congress later this month, according to speculations. However, there are also rumours saying that HTC will finally hold its own event to introduce the successor of HTC One in March, skipping the aforementioned event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family