'Watch Dogs' Cancelled on Wii U Rumours Back Up, DLC Finished by May?
By Gel Galang | February 3, 2014 2:58 PM EST
Recently, rumours of "Watch Dogs'" pre-orders no longer being accepted for the Wii U have been quashed after GameStop Italy's hints put some fans on alert mode.
But even after reassurances have been given that it was merely a glitch in the system, another rumour is starting up with the "Watch Dogs" version on Wii U.
In a report from Videogamer, the speculations have pointed to the newly released list of Nintendo's upcoming 2014 games. What has sparked the rumour is that the list does not include "Watch Dogs."
*The Xbox One's "Titanfall" beta access to the public is already coming: More details here.
This official list came out to enumerate the first- and third-party games that will debut on the Wii U, though there was a disclaimer that the games that were included in the list were all based on information released in Jan 30.
When the source got in touch with Ubisoft, there was no word on the confirmation of the rumour. This could mean two things. First, "Watch Dogs" really will not make it onto the Wii U platform, which can be a bit of a mess considering that pre-orders have already been accepted for the game. Second, the release date of "Watch Dogs" has not yet been announced officially, with a lot of fans trying to guess exactly when it will make an appearance in the promised platforms. Maybe Ubisoft is just trying to avoid announcing a placeholder date for "Watch Dogs" on the Wii U, which can cause a lot of rumours for fans.
What do you think of this new possibility?
*"Dark Souls 2" DLC is still a possibility depending on fans: Read here for more.
'Watch Dog' May Release Date Referring to DLC?
"Hey! About Watch Dogs: Are you actually finished by recording Aiden's voice? When did you finish, or when do you think?," asked a fan, @MadsDroger.
"I've been told May or June," replied Jenkin.
Given the lack of a definitive release date of "Watch Dogs" outside the "spring 2014" announcement made last 2013 when the title was announced for delay, fans are hoping that the finished recording is for the DLC and not the game.
"This means DLC. The voice actor probably doesn't know what parts of the game he is recording for, but it's for the DLC, they've already said that they're working on it," said Redditor mistamosh.
However, others are suspecting that this can also be the actual date of release for the "Watch Dogs" game.
"Going by statements from Ubisoft, Spring 2014 is March > May & Q1 Fiscal 2014/2015 is April > June. I believe the release date can at least be narrowed down to the months that occur in both the statements for a release. April or May," posted Redditor obs_snakelet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia