'Watch Dogs' Cancelled on Wii U Rumours Back Up, DLC Finished by May?
By Gel Galang | February 3, 2014 2:58 PM EST
Recently, rumours of "Watch Dogs'" pre-orders no longer being accepted for the Wii U have been quashed after GameStop Italy's hints put some fans on alert mode.
But even after reassurances have been given that it was merely a glitch in the system, another rumour is starting up with the "Watch Dogs" version on Wii U.
In a report from Videogamer, the speculations have pointed to the newly released list of Nintendo's upcoming 2014 games. What has sparked the rumour is that the list does not include "Watch Dogs."
*The Xbox One's "Titanfall" beta access to the public is already coming: More details here.
This official list came out to enumerate the first- and third-party games that will debut on the Wii U, though there was a disclaimer that the games that were included in the list were all based on information released in Jan 30.
When the source got in touch with Ubisoft, there was no word on the confirmation of the rumour. This could mean two things. First, "Watch Dogs" really will not make it onto the Wii U platform, which can be a bit of a mess considering that pre-orders have already been accepted for the game. Second, the release date of "Watch Dogs" has not yet been announced officially, with a lot of fans trying to guess exactly when it will make an appearance in the promised platforms. Maybe Ubisoft is just trying to avoid announcing a placeholder date for "Watch Dogs" on the Wii U, which can cause a lot of rumours for fans.
What do you think of this new possibility?
*"Dark Souls 2" DLC is still a possibility depending on fans: Read here for more.
'Watch Dog' May Release Date Referring to DLC?
"Hey! About Watch Dogs: Are you actually finished by recording Aiden's voice? When did you finish, or when do you think?," asked a fan, @MadsDroger.
"I've been told May or June," replied Jenkin.
Given the lack of a definitive release date of "Watch Dogs" outside the "spring 2014" announcement made last 2013 when the title was announced for delay, fans are hoping that the finished recording is for the DLC and not the game.
"This means DLC. The voice actor probably doesn't know what parts of the game he is recording for, but it's for the DLC, they've already said that they're working on it," said Redditor mistamosh.
However, others are suspecting that this can also be the actual date of release for the "Watch Dogs" game.
"Going by statements from Ubisoft, Spring 2014 is March > May & Q1 Fiscal 2014/2015 is April > June. I believe the release date can at least be narrowed down to the months that occur in both the statements for a release. April or May," posted Redditor obs_snakelet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports