Super Bowl XLVIII: Mayweather Jr. ‘Devastated Photos’ Went Viral After Losing $10 Million on Denver Broncos Bet
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 3, 2014 1:48 PM EST
Pound-for-pound boxing champ Floyd Mayweather Jr. might be devastated right now after betting a jaw-dropping $10.4 million on the Denver Broncos winning over the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday at Super Bowl XLVIII.
Floyd Mayweather Bets Away $10 million on Broncos to win Super Bowl
Mayweather Jr. might be regretting right now picking on the Broncos to win it all in pro football's biggest stage, as the Seahawks defense simply overwhelmed Peyton Manning and the Broncos' high-octane passing game.
A week heading into Super Bowl, Laceup Boxing reported Mayweather's latest stunt by betting $10.4 million on the Broncos to win Super Bowl. The Denver Post's First-And-Orange blog backed up this report by stating that a number of Las Vegas bookies were saying Mayweather did actually place the huge bet.
But in an interview with Fight Hype Boxing, Money May downplayed the report and believed the rumours about him gambling a huge chunk of his bank account was simply laughable. Here's an excerpt from Fight Hype:
"No, that's not true at all," stated Mayweather's personal massage therapist, Doralie Medina, who was with "Money" when FightHype.com reached out to him to find out if there was any truth to the rumor.
Though he was unavailable for an immediate comment, Mayweather could be heard in the background stating, "How many times do I have to say if it doesn't come from me, Leonard [Ellerbe] or Al [Haymon], it's not true?" Doralie added, "Floyd was just laughing about that, but no, Ben, you can let everyone know that it's not true."
However, many boxing followers and sports betting enthusiasts really thought Mayweather indeed bet $10.4 billion, but he just wants to keep it as secret to save his face from complete shame and mockery from other fans.
Fresh from racking up over $100 million after two sensational fights against Robert Guerrero and Saul Canelo Alvarez in 2013, Mayweather is notorious in betting big money in several sports event.
In June, Mayweather reportedly won massively after betting $5.9 million on the Miami Heat to win over the San Antonio Spurs in Game 7 of their NBA Finals series. Several bookmakers called the reports bogus, but a source close to situation disclosed that Mayweather indeed won big money from the bet he place on the Heat.
"I don't [think it's true]," the bookmaker said of the huge bet via Yahoo Sports. "The only place that gave him sizeable wagers was Cantor [Gaming] and I've heard they cut many players way back. I don't think if he bet that at every book in town he could get that much, and we haven't taken anything here."
Even though reports are yet to be confirmed, netizens already launched a barrage memes to ridicule the boxer's unwise decision to bet on the totally smothered Broncos. Here is the link of some of Money May Super Bowl betting memes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date