DLC News: 'Dark Souls 2’s' Possible DLC; 'Batman: Arkham Origins' DLC Not Coming to Wii U; 'The Wolf Among Us: Episode 2' Coming
By Gel Galang | February 3, 2014 1:17 PM EST
"Dark Souls 2" may get a DLC if the fan demand is there. Already slated for a March release date for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PS3, fans have already been treated to some gameplay video and sneak peeks like the one below, according to VG 24/7.
However, another report from Joystiq puts the PC landing at a later release date, which is May 31, basing it on an Amazon listing. While this can be a placeholder, the report states that this can be treated as the estimated time for release.
But the biggest issue right now is the DLC for "Dark Souls 2," since there has been word from the producer himself on the potential.
"Right now we are concentrating on completing what we've got, but I think there are next steps on how we can expand on Dark Souls 2," said producer Takeshi Miyazoe in an earlier interview with Joystiq. He emphasises the potential already being there, so perhaps the next step is seeing the reception of the game.
*Check out these fan projects for the newest "Minecraft" snapshot 14w05a: Read here for more.
'Batman: Arkham Origins' DLC Not Coming to Wii U
The Wii U seems to be losing a bit of franchise, with the latest being Warner Bros.' most recent game "Batman: Arkham Origins." After a successful reception of the game, it seems that those who were able to enjoy the game via the Wii U will be unable to enjoy an upcoming feature.
According to GameSpot, Warner Bros. has already confirmed that the awaited story DLC for "Batman: Arkham Origins" will no longer come to the Wii U platform.
*Here's a neat way to lessen the glare for the PS4 light bar: Read the details here.
"Based on demand for Downloadable Content on the system, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has made the decision to remove its offering of the upcoming new story campaign for Wii U," said the official announcement, as quoted by GameSpot.
It seems that those who have already filed their pre-orders can expect a credit of $19.9 on the Nintendo eShop as a payback for the missing content in the season pass for "Batman: Arkham Origins."
For those who are playing the game via Wii U, the season pass of "Batman: Arkham Origins" should have included three skin packs, an Initiation challenge rooms pack and the still-to-come content DLC. The publisher of "Batman: Arkham Origins" still confirmed that the story DLC will be coming to the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
*Another possible controller that gamers can use for their iOS device when they're playing a game, from SteelSeries: Read the full story here.
'The Wolf Among Us' Hitting Season 2 on February
Telltale Games' "The Wolf Among Us" is set to release on Feb 4 for Windows, Mac and PS3 in North America, while those who are playing the Xbox 360, as well as those with PS3, in Europe will get it on Feb 5, reports Polygon.
In addition, "Smoke and Mirrors" will also be coming to a handful of iOS devices come next week.
For this episode, Nerdist reports that Jack from the famed story "Jack and the Beanstalk" will be one of the fairytale faces that players should look forward to. The game follows the comic book "Fables" closely, so gamers can expect similar characterisations. A few screenshots of the second episode can be seen in the link above.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate