[WATCH] Before Bruno Mars Performs For The Super Bowl Half-Time, Let's Rewind To His 'Elvis' Days...
By Jesselle Maminta | February 3, 2014 12:43 PM EST
Before Bruno Mars had his string of chart-topping singles and sold-out concerts, he had his beginnings as an adorable Elvis impersonator.
The video above is a scene from the 1992 movie 'Hollywood in Vegas.' Besides its stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Nicolas Cage, this scene's other star is Bruno Mars, or Peter Gene Hernandez, who was then six years old and was the world's youngest Elvis impersonator. But his Elvis days started way beyond that...
At four years old, he is already busting out those signature Elvis moves and doing that famous lip curl. In this video, Little Bruno does an interview with comedian Pauly Shore, exuding that Little Elvis vibe even while wearing a striped shirt and khakis. He even taught Pauly how to move like Elvis.
And even as a young performer, he is already known as Bruno and not with his real name Peter. But how did his stage name came to be? The 'Grenade' singer reveals this to Rap-Up magazine:
"Bruno is after Bruno Sammartino, who was this big fat wrestler. I guess I was this chunky little baby, so my dad used to call me that as a nickname," he says. "The Mars came up just because I felt like I didn't have no pizzazz, and a lot of girls say I'm out of this world, so I was like I guess I'm from Mars."
But looking at him now, Bruno Mars has indeed came a long way from his Elvis impersonation days. Besides having two albums, 'Doo Wops and Hooligans' and 'Unorthodox Jukebox', he also had a string of performances and concerts. Plus, he's about to take the stage for the Super Bowl XLVIII's half-time show.
Are you excited for Bruno's Super Bowl half-time performance? Share us your thoughts on the comments box below
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone