[WATCH] Before Bruno Mars Performs For The Super Bowl Half-Time, Let's Rewind To His 'Elvis' Days...
By Jesselle Maminta | February 3, 2014 12:43 PM EST
Before Bruno Mars had his string of chart-topping singles and sold-out concerts, he had his beginnings as an adorable Elvis impersonator.
The video above is a scene from the 1992 movie 'Hollywood in Vegas.' Besides its stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Nicolas Cage, this scene's other star is Bruno Mars, or Peter Gene Hernandez, who was then six years old and was the world's youngest Elvis impersonator. But his Elvis days started way beyond that...
At four years old, he is already busting out those signature Elvis moves and doing that famous lip curl. In this video, Little Bruno does an interview with comedian Pauly Shore, exuding that Little Elvis vibe even while wearing a striped shirt and khakis. He even taught Pauly how to move like Elvis.
And even as a young performer, he is already known as Bruno and not with his real name Peter. But how did his stage name came to be? The 'Grenade' singer reveals this to Rap-Up magazine:
"Bruno is after Bruno Sammartino, who was this big fat wrestler. I guess I was this chunky little baby, so my dad used to call me that as a nickname," he says. "The Mars came up just because I felt like I didn't have no pizzazz, and a lot of girls say I'm out of this world, so I was like I guess I'm from Mars."
But looking at him now, Bruno Mars has indeed came a long way from his Elvis impersonation days. Besides having two albums, 'Doo Wops and Hooligans' and 'Unorthodox Jukebox', he also had a string of performances and concerts. Plus, he's about to take the stage for the Super Bowl XLVIII's half-time show.
Are you excited for Bruno's Super Bowl half-time performance? Share us your thoughts on the comments box below
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight