[WATCH] Before Bruno Mars Performs For The Super Bowl Half-Time, Let's Rewind To His 'Elvis' Days...
By Jesselle Maminta | February 3, 2014 12:43 PM EST
Before Bruno Mars had his string of chart-topping singles and sold-out concerts, he had his beginnings as an adorable Elvis impersonator.
The video above is a scene from the 1992 movie 'Hollywood in Vegas.' Besides its stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Nicolas Cage, this scene's other star is Bruno Mars, or Peter Gene Hernandez, who was then six years old and was the world's youngest Elvis impersonator. But his Elvis days started way beyond that...
At four years old, he is already busting out those signature Elvis moves and doing that famous lip curl. In this video, Little Bruno does an interview with comedian Pauly Shore, exuding that Little Elvis vibe even while wearing a striped shirt and khakis. He even taught Pauly how to move like Elvis.
And even as a young performer, he is already known as Bruno and not with his real name Peter. But how did his stage name came to be? The 'Grenade' singer reveals this to Rap-Up magazine:
"Bruno is after Bruno Sammartino, who was this big fat wrestler. I guess I was this chunky little baby, so my dad used to call me that as a nickname," he says. "The Mars came up just because I felt like I didn't have no pizzazz, and a lot of girls say I'm out of this world, so I was like I guess I'm from Mars."
But looking at him now, Bruno Mars has indeed came a long way from his Elvis impersonation days. Besides having two albums, 'Doo Wops and Hooligans' and 'Unorthodox Jukebox', he also had a string of performances and concerts. Plus, he's about to take the stage for the Super Bowl XLVIII's half-time show.
Are you excited for Bruno's Super Bowl half-time performance? Share us your thoughts on the comments box below
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]