[WATCH] Before Bruno Mars Performs For The Super Bowl Half-Time, Let's Rewind To His 'Elvis' Days...
By Jesselle Maminta | February 3, 2014 12:43 PM EST
Before Bruno Mars had his string of chart-topping singles and sold-out concerts, he had his beginnings as an adorable Elvis impersonator.
The video above is a scene from the 1992 movie 'Hollywood in Vegas.' Besides its stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Nicolas Cage, this scene's other star is Bruno Mars, or Peter Gene Hernandez, who was then six years old and was the world's youngest Elvis impersonator. But his Elvis days started way beyond that...
At four years old, he is already busting out those signature Elvis moves and doing that famous lip curl. In this video, Little Bruno does an interview with comedian Pauly Shore, exuding that Little Elvis vibe even while wearing a striped shirt and khakis. He even taught Pauly how to move like Elvis.
And even as a young performer, he is already known as Bruno and not with his real name Peter. But how did his stage name came to be? The 'Grenade' singer reveals this to Rap-Up magazine:
"Bruno is after Bruno Sammartino, who was this big fat wrestler. I guess I was this chunky little baby, so my dad used to call me that as a nickname," he says. "The Mars came up just because I felt like I didn't have no pizzazz, and a lot of girls say I'm out of this world, so I was like I guess I'm from Mars."
But looking at him now, Bruno Mars has indeed came a long way from his Elvis impersonation days. Besides having two albums, 'Doo Wops and Hooligans' and 'Unorthodox Jukebox', he also had a string of performances and concerts. Plus, he's about to take the stage for the Super Bowl XLVIII's half-time show.
Are you excited for Bruno's Super Bowl half-time performance? Share us your thoughts on the comments box below
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims