10 Gadgets to Expect at MWC 2014
By Katrina Dianne Gimenez | February 3, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Mark the date Feb 24, 2014 on the calendar as a new wave of mobile phones will flood the world at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014. MWC 2013 made way for smartphones with large displays and quad-core processors. This year's event may pave way to more interesting tech trends. Below are some of the gadgets that we expect to see at MWC 2014.
Nokia Lumia 1820
Nokia's next flagship phone is rumoured to sport a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor capable to run at 2.5 GHz and supports Ultra HD resolution. The powerhouse processor will be supported by a 3,400 mAh battery.
Nokia Lumia 2020
Nokia Lumia 2020 is rumoured to be Nokia's next 8-inch flagship tablet. Hopefully, the market will be seeing this device with the Windows Phone 8.1 Blue software - Windows Phone 8 Black's update that's expected to boost multi-tasking options.
Rumour has it that Nokia will launch a smartphone with an Android platform. This is the first time that the market will be seeing Nokia stepping away from its long-term partner, Windows Phone.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo
Samsung had already confirmed the existence of Galaxy Note 3 Neo, or Galaxy Note 3 Lite as rumours called it. It is expected that the Korean tech corporation will launch it at MWC 2014.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo
There's also rumour of Samsung revealing a mid-range handset, the Galaxy Grand Neo. This smartphone is said to have lower specs than the rumoured Galaxy Grand 2.
LG G2 Pro
LG G2 Pro is rumoured to be G2's phablet version and includes a fingerprint scanner. Words that G2 Pro will be revealed at MWC 2014 had been going around.
LG G2 Mini
There had been whispers about LG developing a mini version of G2 to line up with the likes of S4 Mini and One Mini. It's worth the look out at MWC 2014.
Sony Xperia Z2
Although Sony had just recently released the Xperia Z1, the launching of Xperia Z1 Compact had opened possibilities for the tech giant to unveil a new flagship.
ZTE Nubia Z7
ZTE had recently unveiled Nubia Z5S and Z5S mini - small and affordable smartphones. But, there had been whispers about an upcoming phablet flagship - a 6.44-inch Nubia Z7.
Huawei Ascend P6S
The name says it all. Ascend P6S is rumoured to be Huawei's update on Ascend P6. It is said to run on a full octa-core processor which would probably satisfy tech savvies out there.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft