10 Gadgets to Expect at MWC 2014
By Katrina Dianne Gimenez | February 3, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Mark the date Feb 24, 2014 on the calendar as a new wave of mobile phones will flood the world at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014. MWC 2013 made way for smartphones with large displays and quad-core processors. This year's event may pave way to more interesting tech trends. Below are some of the gadgets that we expect to see at MWC 2014.
Nokia Lumia 1820
Nokia's next flagship phone is rumoured to sport a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor capable to run at 2.5 GHz and supports Ultra HD resolution. The powerhouse processor will be supported by a 3,400 mAh battery.
Nokia Lumia 2020
Nokia Lumia 2020 is rumoured to be Nokia's next 8-inch flagship tablet. Hopefully, the market will be seeing this device with the Windows Phone 8.1 Blue software - Windows Phone 8 Black's update that's expected to boost multi-tasking options.
Rumour has it that Nokia will launch a smartphone with an Android platform. This is the first time that the market will be seeing Nokia stepping away from its long-term partner, Windows Phone.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo
Samsung had already confirmed the existence of Galaxy Note 3 Neo, or Galaxy Note 3 Lite as rumours called it. It is expected that the Korean tech corporation will launch it at MWC 2014.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo
There's also rumour of Samsung revealing a mid-range handset, the Galaxy Grand Neo. This smartphone is said to have lower specs than the rumoured Galaxy Grand 2.
LG G2 Pro
LG G2 Pro is rumoured to be G2's phablet version and includes a fingerprint scanner. Words that G2 Pro will be revealed at MWC 2014 had been going around.
LG G2 Mini
There had been whispers about LG developing a mini version of G2 to line up with the likes of S4 Mini and One Mini. It's worth the look out at MWC 2014.
Sony Xperia Z2
Although Sony had just recently released the Xperia Z1, the launching of Xperia Z1 Compact had opened possibilities for the tech giant to unveil a new flagship.
ZTE Nubia Z7
ZTE had recently unveiled Nubia Z5S and Z5S mini - small and affordable smartphones. But, there had been whispers about an upcoming phablet flagship - a 6.44-inch Nubia Z7.
Huawei Ascend P6S
The name says it all. Ascend P6S is rumoured to be Huawei's update on Ascend P6. It is said to run on a full octa-core processor which would probably satisfy tech savvies out there.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports