A Must-See: Roger Federer and Lionel Messi Star in a New Hilarious ‘Gillette’ Ad
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 3, 2014 11:54 AM EST
Two of the greatest athletes in the world, Roger Federer and Lionel Messi, are featured in Gillette's new ad. Fans of Federer and Messi will surely be delighted to see their iconic sports idols as they showcase their ability to play different kinds of sports.
Yes! Federer and Messi embarked on to various sports as they shave using country-themed razors. If you want to know how Federer looks like as a sumo wrestler, well, this is your chance to find out. The Swiss tennis athlete also tries his hand at rugby and as a soccer goalkeeper. Messi, on the other hand, takes on cricket, hockey, racing, and tennis.
Watch Federer and Messi's Gillette ad below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/GilletteLA
On Thursday, Gillette announced Messi as its new global ambassador. The Barca superstar will become the face of Gillette's new "Inner Steel" campaign. The world's leading male grooming brand has also reportedly partnered with Messi's foundation to advocate its mission.
"This is a new era for Gillette and Football," said Gillette Global vice president John Mang. "We are excited to partner with Lionel Messi and a stellar line up of world-class players and team," Mang added.
As for Messi, he was charmed to have been chosen as the Gillette's new ambassador. "Gillette is a brand that shares my resolve and determination to try to be the best," said Messi. "I know that together we can show men everywhere that the strongest performances come when you strengthen the Inner Steel inside and show your colours on the outside," he added.
This is not the first time that Federer has starred in a commercial for Gillette. He has filmed several commercials for the said male grooming brand. It is just one of Federer's sponsors alongside Nike, Wilson, Rolex, Mercedes Benz, Lindt, Credit Suisse, National Suisse, Moet & Chandon, and Jura Elektroapparate. The prize money he gets tennis tournaments and his sponsor deals make him the highest-paid athlete in tennis as of 2013.
Here's a look at some of Federer's previous ads for Gillette:
Video courtesy: YouTube/Glen Gabriel
Athletes in commercials are often unnatural but hilarious. Big companies and other advertisers often get the most successful athletes to promote their products, and usually, the same ones turn up in commercials year after year. What do you think of Federer and Messi's Gillette ad?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia