A Must-See: Roger Federer and Lionel Messi Star in a New Hilarious ‘Gillette’ Ad
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 3, 2014 11:54 AM EST
Two of the greatest athletes in the world, Roger Federer and Lionel Messi, are featured in Gillette's new ad. Fans of Federer and Messi will surely be delighted to see their iconic sports idols as they showcase their ability to play different kinds of sports.
Yes! Federer and Messi embarked on to various sports as they shave using country-themed razors. If you want to know how Federer looks like as a sumo wrestler, well, this is your chance to find out. The Swiss tennis athlete also tries his hand at rugby and as a soccer goalkeeper. Messi, on the other hand, takes on cricket, hockey, racing, and tennis.
Watch Federer and Messi's Gillette ad below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/GilletteLA
On Thursday, Gillette announced Messi as its new global ambassador. The Barca superstar will become the face of Gillette's new "Inner Steel" campaign. The world's leading male grooming brand has also reportedly partnered with Messi's foundation to advocate its mission.
"This is a new era for Gillette and Football," said Gillette Global vice president John Mang. "We are excited to partner with Lionel Messi and a stellar line up of world-class players and team," Mang added.
As for Messi, he was charmed to have been chosen as the Gillette's new ambassador. "Gillette is a brand that shares my resolve and determination to try to be the best," said Messi. "I know that together we can show men everywhere that the strongest performances come when you strengthen the Inner Steel inside and show your colours on the outside," he added.
This is not the first time that Federer has starred in a commercial for Gillette. He has filmed several commercials for the said male grooming brand. It is just one of Federer's sponsors alongside Nike, Wilson, Rolex, Mercedes Benz, Lindt, Credit Suisse, National Suisse, Moet & Chandon, and Jura Elektroapparate. The prize money he gets tennis tournaments and his sponsor deals make him the highest-paid athlete in tennis as of 2013.
Here's a look at some of Federer's previous ads for Gillette:
Video courtesy: YouTube/Glen Gabriel
Athletes in commercials are often unnatural but hilarious. Big companies and other advertisers often get the most successful athletes to promote their products, and usually, the same ones turn up in commercials year after year. What do you think of Federer and Messi's Gillette ad?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015