A Must-See: Roger Federer and Lionel Messi Star in a New Hilarious ‘Gillette’ Ad
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 3, 2014 11:54 AM EST
Two of the greatest athletes in the world, Roger Federer and Lionel Messi, are featured in Gillette's new ad. Fans of Federer and Messi will surely be delighted to see their iconic sports idols as they showcase their ability to play different kinds of sports.
Yes! Federer and Messi embarked on to various sports as they shave using country-themed razors. If you want to know how Federer looks like as a sumo wrestler, well, this is your chance to find out. The Swiss tennis athlete also tries his hand at rugby and as a soccer goalkeeper. Messi, on the other hand, takes on cricket, hockey, racing, and tennis.
Watch Federer and Messi's Gillette ad below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/GilletteLA
On Thursday, Gillette announced Messi as its new global ambassador. The Barca superstar will become the face of Gillette's new "Inner Steel" campaign. The world's leading male grooming brand has also reportedly partnered with Messi's foundation to advocate its mission.
"This is a new era for Gillette and Football," said Gillette Global vice president John Mang. "We are excited to partner with Lionel Messi and a stellar line up of world-class players and team," Mang added.
As for Messi, he was charmed to have been chosen as the Gillette's new ambassador. "Gillette is a brand that shares my resolve and determination to try to be the best," said Messi. "I know that together we can show men everywhere that the strongest performances come when you strengthen the Inner Steel inside and show your colours on the outside," he added.
This is not the first time that Federer has starred in a commercial for Gillette. He has filmed several commercials for the said male grooming brand. It is just one of Federer's sponsors alongside Nike, Wilson, Rolex, Mercedes Benz, Lindt, Credit Suisse, National Suisse, Moet & Chandon, and Jura Elektroapparate. The prize money he gets tennis tournaments and his sponsor deals make him the highest-paid athlete in tennis as of 2013.
Here's a look at some of Federer's previous ads for Gillette:
Video courtesy: YouTube/Glen Gabriel
Athletes in commercials are often unnatural but hilarious. Big companies and other advertisers often get the most successful athletes to promote their products, and usually, the same ones turn up in commercials year after year. What do you think of Federer and Messi's Gillette ad?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine