'Hunger Games: The Mockingjay' Movie: No Alterations to be Done Even After News of Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death
By charmaine corne clutton | February 3, 2014 11:09 AM EST
It came a shock to everyone after it was announced that the Oscar award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his Manhattan apartment with a hypodermic needle stuck in his arm-allegedly used to intake heroin.
Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman attends the premiere of the film A Most Wanted Man at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, January 19, 2014.
The "Hunger Games" actor was found dead after screenwriter David Bar Katz and his female friend visited the actor to check on him-where they found him in his underwear in the bathroom. The pair went to Hoffman's residence after he failed to pick up his three kids from his long-time partner, MimiO'Donell.
According to reports, the actor was taking in heroin, after five empty glassine envelopes were found in the actors home. The glassine envelopes were labeled "Ace of Spade" which was a brand of heroin that has not been seen on the streets since 2008, said the cops.
Meanwhile, although sad over the death of the actor, fans were quick to react about the potential delay of the lucrative franchise-the "Hunger Games." The actor portrayed the role of Plutarch Heavensbee who served as the Head Gamemaker in Suzanne Collin's best selling trilogy.
According to Lionsgate, the untimely demise of the Oscar-award winning actor will not delay the showing of the third installment of the movie. The scenes which feature Seymour had already been taped with just 7 days of shooting for the movie.
The third installment of the "Hunger Games" shall be released in two parts, the first being on Nov. 21 2014 and the other on Nov. 20, 2015. Lionsgate issued a heartfelt message to Seymour's fans and family saying that "Philip Seymour Hoffman was a singular talent and one of the most gifted actors of our generation. We're very fortunate that he graced our 'Hunger Games' family. Losing him in his prime is a tragedy, and we send our deepest condolences to Philip's family."
Menawhile, the deceased actor is said to have completed to upcoming movies, one being "A Most Wanted Man" and "God's Pocket". Reports say that the actor looked "disheveled and pasty" after his short appearance in the Sundance Film Festival to promote the "God's Pocket" movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports