Bruce Jenner’s Sex Change Saga: Bruce to Bruscilla to Brigitte
By Riza Ornos | February 3, 2014 10:09 AM EST
Now that Bruce Jenner is finally free to do what he wishes, the former Olympian is taking his freedom to a whole new level when he was spotted leaving a clinic in Beverly Hills. The "Keeping up with the Kardashians" star was allegedly going through a process of "sex change" by going through a "laryngeal shave."
By flattening his Adam's apple, the 63-year-old reality star is rumoured to be having a "sex change" after years of surgery feminising his manly features. Bruce has managed to tweeze his eyebrows, grow his hair out into a long ponytail and start wearing lip gloss and earrings.
Now, after a series of plastic surgeries, Bruce Jenner is looking for a girly name that would match his new look. Bruscilla is the first one that came out. Although the star is intrigued about it, he decided that the name doesn't work for him and it sounds like a disease. He is more inclined to use the name Brigitte, like the bombshell Brigitte Bardot.
But the former decathlon champ has denied all the rumors that he is transitioning to become a woman. He simply doesn't like his Adam's apple, that's all. But many of the transsexuals are backing him up when the reality star eventually decides to transform into a woman.
"The real hallmark of being male is the presence of an Adam's apple. Someone choosing to have that reduced is pretty much making a statement that when they're going to be dressed as a woman, they're hoping to pass as a female in public," says Dr. Marci Bowers, the first transsexual woman to perform sex change, in an exclusive interview with Radar.
According to some reports, Bruce is having laser hair removal on his face. That suggests pretty strongly that the athlete is not in a passing phase.
"There's a lot of different ways that people can express the feeling of being transgender without going all the way and making irreversible steps like a tracheal shave. That crosses the line, and it does seem probable [that he is beginning the transition to presenting as a female]," says Bowers.
Bowers said that Bruce's transition to becoming a woman is going to be difficult and warns Kris, Kim and the rest of the Kardashian's that the transition is a difficult process for them as well. She said that the family is going to feel betrayed and ashamed about it, but Bruce has to be patient about about all that.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique