Bruce Jenner’s Sex Change Saga: Bruce to Bruscilla to Brigitte
By Riza Ornos | February 3, 2014 10:09 AM EST
Now that Bruce Jenner is finally free to do what he wishes, the former Olympian is taking his freedom to a whole new level when he was spotted leaving a clinic in Beverly Hills. The "Keeping up with the Kardashians" star was allegedly going through a process of "sex change" by going through a "laryngeal shave."
By flattening his Adam's apple, the 63-year-old reality star is rumoured to be having a "sex change" after years of surgery feminising his manly features. Bruce has managed to tweeze his eyebrows, grow his hair out into a long ponytail and start wearing lip gloss and earrings.
Now, after a series of plastic surgeries, Bruce Jenner is looking for a girly name that would match his new look. Bruscilla is the first one that came out. Although the star is intrigued about it, he decided that the name doesn't work for him and it sounds like a disease. He is more inclined to use the name Brigitte, like the bombshell Brigitte Bardot.
But the former decathlon champ has denied all the rumors that he is transitioning to become a woman. He simply doesn't like his Adam's apple, that's all. But many of the transsexuals are backing him up when the reality star eventually decides to transform into a woman.
"The real hallmark of being male is the presence of an Adam's apple. Someone choosing to have that reduced is pretty much making a statement that when they're going to be dressed as a woman, they're hoping to pass as a female in public," says Dr. Marci Bowers, the first transsexual woman to perform sex change, in an exclusive interview with Radar.
According to some reports, Bruce is having laser hair removal on his face. That suggests pretty strongly that the athlete is not in a passing phase.
"There's a lot of different ways that people can express the feeling of being transgender without going all the way and making irreversible steps like a tracheal shave. That crosses the line, and it does seem probable [that he is beginning the transition to presenting as a female]," says Bowers.
Bowers said that Bruce's transition to becoming a woman is going to be difficult and warns Kris, Kim and the rest of the Kardashian's that the transition is a difficult process for them as well. She said that the family is going to feel betrayed and ashamed about it, but Bruce has to be patient about about all that.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date