Jimmy Fallon Becomes One of Most Googled Celebrities as he Prepares to Host ‘The Tonight Show’
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 3, 2014 12:27 AM EST
Jimmy Fallon has become one of most talked-about celebrities of late, grabbing the 'most trending' and 'hot searches' spots of most internet search engines, as the American prepares to succeed the legendary Jay Leno as the host of 'The Tonight Show'.
Late night talk show hosts Jay Leno (L) and Jimmy Fallon pose backstage at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California, January 13, 2013.
There will be lot of NCB late-night viewers as Leno wraps his turn on the celebrated talk show. The Leno-hosted 'The Tonight Show' will air its last episode on 6 February, which will mark the much-awaited entry of Fallon.
Last night saw the final Friday edition of the show with big ratings. The deadline reported that the show scored a 3.9 in metered-market households, which was its best in 15 months. On 24 October 2012, when President Barack Obama was a guest, the rating was 4.0.
Meanwhile, Fallon, 39, has ended his stint at "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon," and has now become the new talk of the town. Google Trends tagged him as one of the 'hot searches' early on 2 February with more than 50,000 search entries on the name, at the time of writing this article.
As he now gets ready for a new venture, the Boston Globe reported that Fallon recalled begging his parents once to let him stay up late watching the show, when Johnny Carson used to be the host. "Because I knew it was on really late and I was getting away with something," he said.
"A lot of people are saying, 'Is this your dream job?' And my answer is it wasn't at all my dream job because I didn't know that this could be a job that you could dream about," Fallon was quoted as saying.
Now it remains to be seen how well Fallon will fare in the job he could not even dream of.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date