American Bazaar Conclave 2014: Opportunities and Challenges in Information Technology in US Post-Recession
By Rohit KVN | February 2, 2014 11:23 PM EST
American Bazaar Online's first ever conclave in Bangalore (India) successfully concluded on 1 February, dispelling myths related to tight visa restrictions and limited opportunities available in US post-recession, especially in the IT sector.
American Bazaar Online
America Bazaar Online’s first ever conclave in Bangalore (India) successfully concluded on 1 February, shunning myths related to tight visa restriction and limited opportunities available in US post-recession especially in IT sector.
Ever since the late 2007 US recession, there has been some insecurity among Indians, regarding the opportunities in America. And the recent law suit on Infosys for visa fraud amounting to $34 million (₹210.38 crore) fine had escalated fears among the techies.
Despite reports of US government's protectionist measures related to implementation of additional taxes on companies outsourcing jobs to foreign countries and formation of new immigration laws (awaiting approval), there is enough encouragement for technically qualified immigrants (with US graduate degree) to avail citizenship, as well as open their start-up firms in the American shore, said experts, who presided the AB Conclave 2014.
One of the eminent global speakers, Dr. Satyam Priyadarshy, founder, Reignite Strategy, Virginia vividly shed light on the future of Information Technology and the opportunities available in the USA.
According to figures, cited by Dr. Priyadarshy, indigenous freelance workers in the USA amounted to a mere 17-percent of the total population. It is touted to reach 40 percent in the next decade and with 18 percent baby boomers set to retire in 2020, there is a dearth of workers in America related to cyber security, social media, application development (for smart devices) and cloud computing.
Dr. Priyadarshy revealed that there is an estimated requirement of more than 350,000 IT professionals (designers, testing (quality), administration and more) in cyber security and big data (database storage management).
Apart from computing-based technology, there is also a need for IT professionals in the field of medicine, said, Jason Harmon, CTO and founding partner, Get Real Health, a pioneer organization in specializing in patients engaging and custom care solutions.
Another star attraction of the AB Conclave 2014 was the Murthy Law Firm founder Sheela Murthy and team. Touted as one of the world's leading legal consultancy company, they detailed the intricacies of the US immigration Visa (H1 B and L1) procedure.
AB Conclave 2014 was also presided by top technology leaders, giving insights on the skill requirements for the future technology challenges. They include SAP Labs India MD, Anirban Dey, Shameer Shariff (founder and CEO, Impelsys Inc.), Nagarjuna S (vice-president, global immigration management services, Wipro Technologies), Robinder Sachdev (founder and president, Imagindia), Manoj Sreenilayam (vice-president, Service delivery, Get Real Health) and Mohammad Yaseen (Director, Capgemini).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales