American Bazaar Conclave 2014: Opportunities and Challenges in Information Technology in US Post-Recession
By Rohit KVN | February 2, 2014 11:23 PM EST
American Bazaar Online's first ever conclave in Bangalore (India) successfully concluded on 1 February, dispelling myths related to tight visa restrictions and limited opportunities available in US post-recession, especially in the IT sector.
American Bazaar Online
America Bazaar Online’s first ever conclave in Bangalore (India) successfully concluded on 1 February, shunning myths related to tight visa restriction and limited opportunities available in US post-recession especially in IT sector.
Ever since the late 2007 US recession, there has been some insecurity among Indians, regarding the opportunities in America. And the recent law suit on Infosys for visa fraud amounting to $34 million (₹210.38 crore) fine had escalated fears among the techies.
Despite reports of US government's protectionist measures related to implementation of additional taxes on companies outsourcing jobs to foreign countries and formation of new immigration laws (awaiting approval), there is enough encouragement for technically qualified immigrants (with US graduate degree) to avail citizenship, as well as open their start-up firms in the American shore, said experts, who presided the AB Conclave 2014.
One of the eminent global speakers, Dr. Satyam Priyadarshy, founder, Reignite Strategy, Virginia vividly shed light on the future of Information Technology and the opportunities available in the USA.
According to figures, cited by Dr. Priyadarshy, indigenous freelance workers in the USA amounted to a mere 17-percent of the total population. It is touted to reach 40 percent in the next decade and with 18 percent baby boomers set to retire in 2020, there is a dearth of workers in America related to cyber security, social media, application development (for smart devices) and cloud computing.
Dr. Priyadarshy revealed that there is an estimated requirement of more than 350,000 IT professionals (designers, testing (quality), administration and more) in cyber security and big data (database storage management).
Apart from computing-based technology, there is also a need for IT professionals in the field of medicine, said, Jason Harmon, CTO and founding partner, Get Real Health, a pioneer organization in specializing in patients engaging and custom care solutions.
Another star attraction of the AB Conclave 2014 was the Murthy Law Firm founder Sheela Murthy and team. Touted as one of the world's leading legal consultancy company, they detailed the intricacies of the US immigration Visa (H1 B and L1) procedure.
AB Conclave 2014 was also presided by top technology leaders, giving insights on the skill requirements for the future technology challenges. They include SAP Labs India MD, Anirban Dey, Shameer Shariff (founder and CEO, Impelsys Inc.), Nagarjuna S (vice-president, global immigration management services, Wipro Technologies), Robinder Sachdev (founder and president, Imagindia), Manoj Sreenilayam (vice-president, Service delivery, Get Real Health) and Mohammad Yaseen (Director, Capgemini).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS