Have Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif Parted Ways?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 2, 2014 6:58 PM EST
Bollywood couple Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif seems to have ended their blooming romance.
Amid reports of trouble in paradise, entertainment website Emirates247 claims Ranbir and Katrina have indeed called it quits.
Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif (Varinder Chawla)
The stars arriving separately at Aamir Khan's party last week, followed by the duo avoiding each other at "Jagga Jasoos" filming, fuelled rumours of a break-up. The two were also spotted arriving separately after their New York holiday earlier last month.
It is understood that the main hiccup to the duo's relationship is Katrina's reluctance to commit.
The "Dhoom 3" actress has never really spoken about her relationship with Ranbir. The 30-year-old has often been quoted denying their dating status and had even went on record, saying she has no plans to marry for the next 10 or 20 years.
Reports of Katrina denying Ranbir's marriage proposal also surfaced at a point, though the actress had insisted that no one has proposed to her.
Despite all this, Ranbir was caught blushing when Kareena Kapoor teased him during an episode of this season's "Koffee with Karan", referring to Katrina as 'sister-in-law'. And though the actor has never been vocal about Katrina, he affirmed he is open to being committed to the right person.
Meanwhile, Katrina's vehement denial of the relationship is understood to be due to her efforts to concentrate on her career. After all, the actress could deliver only a single release last year, compared to the successful streak of her contemporaries.
Despite strong rumours of the split, Ranbir and Katrina were spotted attending filmmaker Kiran Rao's small get-together on Thursday night, though the actors again arrived separately. Katrina arrived first and Ranbir showed up later with director Karan Johar. Ayan Mukherjee and Aarti Shetty were also attendees of the dinner party, reported Jagran Post.
So whether Katrina's career-oriented stance has cost the actress her romance with Ranbir, we will only know in the days to come.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales