Have Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif Parted Ways?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 2, 2014 6:58 PM EST
Bollywood couple Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif seems to have ended their blooming romance.
Amid reports of trouble in paradise, entertainment website Emirates247 claims Ranbir and Katrina have indeed called it quits.
Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif (Varinder Chawla)
The stars arriving separately at Aamir Khan's party last week, followed by the duo avoiding each other at "Jagga Jasoos" filming, fuelled rumours of a break-up. The two were also spotted arriving separately after their New York holiday earlier last month.
It is understood that the main hiccup to the duo's relationship is Katrina's reluctance to commit.
The "Dhoom 3" actress has never really spoken about her relationship with Ranbir. The 30-year-old has often been quoted denying their dating status and had even went on record, saying she has no plans to marry for the next 10 or 20 years.
Reports of Katrina denying Ranbir's marriage proposal also surfaced at a point, though the actress had insisted that no one has proposed to her.
Despite all this, Ranbir was caught blushing when Kareena Kapoor teased him during an episode of this season's "Koffee with Karan", referring to Katrina as 'sister-in-law'. And though the actor has never been vocal about Katrina, he affirmed he is open to being committed to the right person.
Meanwhile, Katrina's vehement denial of the relationship is understood to be due to her efforts to concentrate on her career. After all, the actress could deliver only a single release last year, compared to the successful streak of her contemporaries.
Despite strong rumours of the split, Ranbir and Katrina were spotted attending filmmaker Kiran Rao's small get-together on Thursday night, though the actors again arrived separately. Katrina arrived first and Ranbir showed up later with director Karan Johar. Ayan Mukherjee and Aarti Shetty were also attendees of the dinner party, reported Jagran Post.
So whether Katrina's career-oriented stance has cost the actress her romance with Ranbir, we will only know in the days to come.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6