Have Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif Parted Ways?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 2, 2014 6:58 PM EST
Bollywood couple Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif seems to have ended their blooming romance.
Amid reports of trouble in paradise, entertainment website Emirates247 claims Ranbir and Katrina have indeed called it quits.
Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif (Varinder Chawla)
The stars arriving separately at Aamir Khan's party last week, followed by the duo avoiding each other at "Jagga Jasoos" filming, fuelled rumours of a break-up. The two were also spotted arriving separately after their New York holiday earlier last month.
It is understood that the main hiccup to the duo's relationship is Katrina's reluctance to commit.
The "Dhoom 3" actress has never really spoken about her relationship with Ranbir. The 30-year-old has often been quoted denying their dating status and had even went on record, saying she has no plans to marry for the next 10 or 20 years.
Reports of Katrina denying Ranbir's marriage proposal also surfaced at a point, though the actress had insisted that no one has proposed to her.
Despite all this, Ranbir was caught blushing when Kareena Kapoor teased him during an episode of this season's "Koffee with Karan", referring to Katrina as 'sister-in-law'. And though the actor has never been vocal about Katrina, he affirmed he is open to being committed to the right person.
Meanwhile, Katrina's vehement denial of the relationship is understood to be due to her efforts to concentrate on her career. After all, the actress could deliver only a single release last year, compared to the successful streak of her contemporaries.
Despite strong rumours of the split, Ranbir and Katrina were spotted attending filmmaker Kiran Rao's small get-together on Thursday night, though the actors again arrived separately. Katrina arrived first and Ranbir showed up later with director Karan Johar. Ayan Mukherjee and Aarti Shetty were also attendees of the dinner party, reported Jagran Post.
So whether Katrina's career-oriented stance has cost the actress her romance with Ranbir, we will only know in the days to come.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft