Paul Walker Gets Stuck in Tyrese Gibson’s Custody Battle
By Keerthi Mohan | February 2, 2014 4:47 PM EST
Paul Walker’s death is being used by his “Fast and Furious” co-star Tyrese Gibson’s wife, Norma, to gain more child support from the actor.
Gossip website TMZ reported on Saturday that Norma has filed documents in court, stating that Gibson has been a negligent father who chose to be in Dubai when he got a break from filming, instead of being with his daughter.
The seventh instalment in the Fast and Furious franchise was on hold following Walker’s death, and Gibson could have stayed back in Los Angeles to spend time with his six-year-old daughter, Norma stated in court documents, cited by TMZ.
Instead, he went “gallivanting throughout Dubai... staying in expensive hotels... partying on yachts, sky-diving with other movie stars, driving expensive cars, and making special appearances in night clubs" during the time, his wife claimed.
But sources close to Gibson claims Norma is unnecessarily dragging Walker’s name into the case. Reportedly, Gibson’s Dubai visit was an official one and he needed the money from gigs in the Middle Eastern emirate to pay for child support.
However, several videos on the internet suggest Gibson was in Dubai to celebrate his birthday, which is on 30 December. Even Gibson has drawn criticism from social networking circuits for constantly linking his name with Walker’s.
Gibson has been very vocal and public about his grief over Walker’s death, and even shared a video, while in Dubai, of choking back tears after seeing a tribute to his “Fast and Furious” co-star.
“I’m in Dubai and I believe my number one fan, and number one supporter just showed up. I’m happy to see him, but this car makes me very emotional. I ran into him on the freeway in Dubai. So here’s Bumblebee. He has the Transformers logo here, and on his bumper he has this. ‘Dude, I almost had you. Rest In Peace Paul Walker,’” Gibson said in the video.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’