Paul Walker Gets Stuck in Tyrese Gibson’s Custody Battle
By Keerthi Mohan | February 2, 2014 4:47 PM EST
Paul Walker’s death is being used by his “Fast and Furious” co-star Tyrese Gibson’s wife, Norma, to gain more child support from the actor.
Gossip website TMZ reported on Saturday that Norma has filed documents in court, stating that Gibson has been a negligent father who chose to be in Dubai when he got a break from filming, instead of being with his daughter.
The seventh instalment in the Fast and Furious franchise was on hold following Walker’s death, and Gibson could have stayed back in Los Angeles to spend time with his six-year-old daughter, Norma stated in court documents, cited by TMZ.
Instead, he went “gallivanting throughout Dubai... staying in expensive hotels... partying on yachts, sky-diving with other movie stars, driving expensive cars, and making special appearances in night clubs" during the time, his wife claimed.
But sources close to Gibson claims Norma is unnecessarily dragging Walker’s name into the case. Reportedly, Gibson’s Dubai visit was an official one and he needed the money from gigs in the Middle Eastern emirate to pay for child support.
However, several videos on the internet suggest Gibson was in Dubai to celebrate his birthday, which is on 30 December. Even Gibson has drawn criticism from social networking circuits for constantly linking his name with Walker’s.
Gibson has been very vocal and public about his grief over Walker’s death, and even shared a video, while in Dubai, of choking back tears after seeing a tribute to his “Fast and Furious” co-star.
“I’m in Dubai and I believe my number one fan, and number one supporter just showed up. I’m happy to see him, but this car makes me very emotional. I ran into him on the freeway in Dubai. So here’s Bumblebee. He has the Transformers logo here, and on his bumper he has this. ‘Dude, I almost had you. Rest In Peace Paul Walker,’” Gibson said in the video.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen