Paul Walker Gets Stuck in Tyrese Gibson’s Custody Battle
By Keerthi Mohan | February 2, 2014 4:47 PM EST
Paul Walker’s death is being used by his “Fast and Furious” co-star Tyrese Gibson’s wife, Norma, to gain more child support from the actor.
Gossip website TMZ reported on Saturday that Norma has filed documents in court, stating that Gibson has been a negligent father who chose to be in Dubai when he got a break from filming, instead of being with his daughter.
The seventh instalment in the Fast and Furious franchise was on hold following Walker’s death, and Gibson could have stayed back in Los Angeles to spend time with his six-year-old daughter, Norma stated in court documents, cited by TMZ.
Instead, he went “gallivanting throughout Dubai... staying in expensive hotels... partying on yachts, sky-diving with other movie stars, driving expensive cars, and making special appearances in night clubs" during the time, his wife claimed.
But sources close to Gibson claims Norma is unnecessarily dragging Walker’s name into the case. Reportedly, Gibson’s Dubai visit was an official one and he needed the money from gigs in the Middle Eastern emirate to pay for child support.
However, several videos on the internet suggest Gibson was in Dubai to celebrate his birthday, which is on 30 December. Even Gibson has drawn criticism from social networking circuits for constantly linking his name with Walker’s.
Gibson has been very vocal and public about his grief over Walker’s death, and even shared a video, while in Dubai, of choking back tears after seeing a tribute to his “Fast and Furious” co-star.
“I’m in Dubai and I believe my number one fan, and number one supporter just showed up. I’m happy to see him, but this car makes me very emotional. I ran into him on the freeway in Dubai. So here’s Bumblebee. He has the Transformers logo here, and on his bumper he has this. ‘Dude, I almost had you. Rest In Peace Paul Walker,’” Gibson said in the video.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers