Paul Walker Gets Stuck in Tyrese Gibson’s Custody Battle
By Keerthi Mohan | February 2, 2014 4:47 PM EST
Paul Walker’s death is being used by his “Fast and Furious” co-star Tyrese Gibson’s wife, Norma, to gain more child support from the actor.
Gossip website TMZ reported on Saturday that Norma has filed documents in court, stating that Gibson has been a negligent father who chose to be in Dubai when he got a break from filming, instead of being with his daughter.
The seventh instalment in the Fast and Furious franchise was on hold following Walker’s death, and Gibson could have stayed back in Los Angeles to spend time with his six-year-old daughter, Norma stated in court documents, cited by TMZ.
Instead, he went “gallivanting throughout Dubai... staying in expensive hotels... partying on yachts, sky-diving with other movie stars, driving expensive cars, and making special appearances in night clubs" during the time, his wife claimed.
But sources close to Gibson claims Norma is unnecessarily dragging Walker’s name into the case. Reportedly, Gibson’s Dubai visit was an official one and he needed the money from gigs in the Middle Eastern emirate to pay for child support.
However, several videos on the internet suggest Gibson was in Dubai to celebrate his birthday, which is on 30 December. Even Gibson has drawn criticism from social networking circuits for constantly linking his name with Walker’s.
Gibson has been very vocal and public about his grief over Walker’s death, and even shared a video, while in Dubai, of choking back tears after seeing a tribute to his “Fast and Furious” co-star.
“I’m in Dubai and I believe my number one fan, and number one supporter just showed up. I’m happy to see him, but this car makes me very emotional. I ran into him on the freeway in Dubai. So here’s Bumblebee. He has the Transformers logo here, and on his bumper he has this. ‘Dude, I almost had you. Rest In Peace Paul Walker,’” Gibson said in the video.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People