Paul Walker Gets Stuck in Tyrese Gibson’s Custody Battle
By Keerthi Mohan | February 2, 2014 4:47 PM EST
Paul Walker’s death is being used by his “Fast and Furious” co-star Tyrese Gibson’s wife, Norma, to gain more child support from the actor.
Gossip website TMZ reported on Saturday that Norma has filed documents in court, stating that Gibson has been a negligent father who chose to be in Dubai when he got a break from filming, instead of being with his daughter.
The seventh instalment in the Fast and Furious franchise was on hold following Walker’s death, and Gibson could have stayed back in Los Angeles to spend time with his six-year-old daughter, Norma stated in court documents, cited by TMZ.
Instead, he went “gallivanting throughout Dubai... staying in expensive hotels... partying on yachts, sky-diving with other movie stars, driving expensive cars, and making special appearances in night clubs" during the time, his wife claimed.
But sources close to Gibson claims Norma is unnecessarily dragging Walker’s name into the case. Reportedly, Gibson’s Dubai visit was an official one and he needed the money from gigs in the Middle Eastern emirate to pay for child support.
However, several videos on the internet suggest Gibson was in Dubai to celebrate his birthday, which is on 30 December. Even Gibson has drawn criticism from social networking circuits for constantly linking his name with Walker’s.
Gibson has been very vocal and public about his grief over Walker’s death, and even shared a video, while in Dubai, of choking back tears after seeing a tribute to his “Fast and Furious” co-star.
“I’m in Dubai and I believe my number one fan, and number one supporter just showed up. I’m happy to see him, but this car makes me very emotional. I ran into him on the freeway in Dubai. So here’s Bumblebee. He has the Transformers logo here, and on his bumper he has this. ‘Dude, I almost had you. Rest In Peace Paul Walker,’” Gibson said in the video.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier