Is Amanda Knox Fake? Former Prison Guard Calls Her Ice Maiden
By Keerthi Mohan | February 2, 2014 4:39 PM EST
Amanda Knox appeared tearful and innocent while appearing on a US television show, just days after she was found guilty of murdering her flatmate Meredith Kercher, in 2007.
On ABC’s Good Morning America on Thursday, Knox maintained that she was innocent, and shed a few tears to reinforce the point. But a former prison guard in Italy’s Capanne prison, Perugia, where Knox spent four years, told Daily Mirror that Knox’s emotional approach is out of character and insisted that it was just a farce.
“Now she’s become this TV star, who cares passionately about what happened to her friend Meredith Kercher, and wants the truth to come out,” Angela Antonietti, 65, told UK’s Daily Mirror.
“She’s painting herself as a warm, loving human being, but the Amanda I knew was so composed, I never saw her suffering and other prisoners and staff called her the Ice Maiden. She never, ever talked of Meredith or expressed emotion about her death. Whenever Meredith’s face came on TV she didn’t want to know and didn’t respond. She was impenetrable.”
Shedding more light into Knox’s prison life, the guard told the publication that Knox slept like a baby, and was always singing and dancing around in her cell. Knox did not interact with the other prisoners and spent her days inside the cell reading, Antonietti said, adding that she was always trying to portray herself as an ideal prisoner.
“Her behaviour behind bars was so extraordinary…but we all knew there was another side to her she didn’t want us to see. She’s magnetic and manipulative. She had no emotions for people, only books. She never talked to other prisoners, she was only concerned about her world,” Antonietti said.
In the meantime, Knox has vowed to fight extradition, if Italy lodges a formal extradition request with the US government.
“I am going to fight this to the very end,” Knox said on the show.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- Wildfires in Canada & U.S. ‘Still Active’
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time