Super Bowl XLVIII Preview: Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | February 2, 2014 2:49 PM EST
In simple terms, it’s the two best teams in football meeting in the finale of the National Football League (NFL) season. The Seattle Seahawks and their dreaded defense face the Denver Broncos and an exceptional offense in Super Bowl XLVIII in New Orleans, Louisiana on Sunday, February 2, 2014 (Monday, February 3 in Australia at 9:25 a.m. AEDT).
Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and Denver Broncos coach John Fox pose with The Vince Lombardi trophy during a news conference ahead of Super Bowl XLVIII in New York
Behind the “Legion of Boom” the Seahawks ranks first in many defensive categories. They are number one in containing the oppositions’ scoring limiting them to just 14.4 points per game in the regular season.
Seattle only allow 273.6 yards per outing-- still best in the league with 172.0 yards/game (also first) and 101.6 rushing yards/game (7th). In the postseason they also only have given up 15 points (to New Orleans Saints in the divisional championship) and 17 points (to San Francisco 49ers in the conference championship).
The loudest from the “Boom” is outspoken cornerback Richard Sherman, who leads the league in interceptions this year with eight.
Sherman and the rest of the Seahawks tough defense will be tasked in stopping Denver quarterback and legend Peyton Manning, who has had a historic season on his way to his third Super Bowl.
Manning led the Broncos to a league-best 37.9 PPG-- 10.3 points higher than the second-ranked team—and 457.3 yards per game, 340.3 yards coming through the air. The veteran QB threw 55 touchdowns to establish the new NFL record for most in a regular season.
Denver leads the all-time head-to-head between the two teams with 34 wins against Seattle’s 19. The last meeting was in 2010 when Broncos defeated the Seahawks, 31-14. The only playoff meeting was in 1983, when Seattle defeated Denver, 31-7 when both teams were still part of the AFC West.
Watch Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos via NFL Game Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air