After Ben Affleck as Batman, News of Jesse Eisenberg Cast as Lex Luthor Greeted with Jokes and Sarcasm!
By Johnlee Varghese | February 2, 2014 2:12 AM EST
The DC Comics fans are at it again, after doing what they did to Ben Affleck, following the news that the "Daredevil" actor would play Batman in the upcoming film "Batman vs Superman". Sarcams and jokes are now doing the rounds on Jesse Eisenberg, after "The Social Network" actor has been cast as Lex Luthor, the archrival of Superman.
Reports have now confirmed that director Zack Snyder has decided to cast Eisenberg as Luthor in the next Superman film, currently referred to as "Batman vs. Superman".
Affleck had got an ample dose of nastiness from die-hard Batman and DC fans, who were joined in by casual film-goers as well. But now they have all turned their attention towards Eisenberg and have expressed their disapproval over casting the 30-year-old, best known for playing Mark Zuckerberg in "The Social Network", as Luthor.
Meanwhile, it has also been confirmed that Jeremy Irons will play Alfred Pennyworth, the loyal butler, mentor and father-figure to Batman.
While the movie is expected to hit the theatres only by 2016, the casting has already made the fans anxious. Those who have seen the disastrous "Batman & Robin" (1999) would remember that the 1997 flick had a strong ensemble, comprising of George Clooney, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Uma Thurman, but was dubbed a travesty by many.
Twitter Reactions on Jesse Eisenberg playing Lux Luthor
Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor!? You can breathe easy now Ben Affleck... The internet has found its new target.
— Johanna Fuentes (@jfuentes) January 31, 2014
Saw this and everyone is ROFL. Do you think Eisenberg is a wise choice for Lex Luthor's role ? pic.twitter.com/OwctYMAWw3 — Darkrose Studios (@DarkroseStudios) January 31, 2014
Reaction to the news of Jesse Eisenberg cast as Lex Luthor. pic.twitter.com/d96OP6vOF9 — T.M. Powell CW44 (@CW44CouchPotato) January 31, 2014
— taran killam (@TaranKillam) January 31, 2014
'ARE YOU KIDDING ME?' Jesse Eisenberg's casting as Lex Luthor rips America apart http://t.co/7YbqG8FF0n — TwitchyTeam (@TwitchyTeam) January 31, 2014
Ben Affleck as Batman: Twitter Reactions
Look at you, sitting there all happy like you forgot Ben Affleck is the new Batman. Your life is a lie. — The Rolo (@TheRolo) January 28, 2014
Ben Affleck officially cast as Batman in the Man of Steel sequel. For the first time in history, I kind of want Superman to win. — The Batman (@TheBatman) August 23, 2013
On second thought, Ben Affleck might be the perfect Bruce Wayne after all... pic.twitter.com/pex0Tv9CUl
— Superman (@SupermanTweets) January 27, 2014
In the Ben Affleck version, Batman's parents kill themselves. — Sourav Panda (@souravcfc) January 26, 2014
A buddy just posted this on my Facebook wall, I died #Batfleck pic.twitter.com/4PdtOFB6fO — BuckeyeEmpire (@BuckeyeEmpire) August 23, 2013
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Baby Gammy Will Be Australian Citizen Soon
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan