After Ben Affleck as Batman, News of Jesse Eisenberg Cast as Lex Luthor Greeted with Jokes and Sarcasm!
By Johnlee Varghese | February 2, 2014 2:12 AM EST
The DC Comics fans are at it again, after doing what they did to Ben Affleck, following the news that the "Daredevil" actor would play Batman in the upcoming film "Batman vs Superman". Sarcams and jokes are now doing the rounds on Jesse Eisenberg, after "The Social Network" actor has been cast as Lex Luthor, the archrival of Superman.
Reports have now confirmed that director Zack Snyder has decided to cast Eisenberg as Luthor in the next Superman film, currently referred to as "Batman vs. Superman".
Affleck had got an ample dose of nastiness from die-hard Batman and DC fans, who were joined in by casual film-goers as well. But now they have all turned their attention towards Eisenberg and have expressed their disapproval over casting the 30-year-old, best known for playing Mark Zuckerberg in "The Social Network", as Luthor.
Meanwhile, it has also been confirmed that Jeremy Irons will play Alfred Pennyworth, the loyal butler, mentor and father-figure to Batman.
While the movie is expected to hit the theatres only by 2016, the casting has already made the fans anxious. Those who have seen the disastrous "Batman & Robin" (1999) would remember that the 1997 flick had a strong ensemble, comprising of George Clooney, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Uma Thurman, but was dubbed a travesty by many.
Twitter Reactions on Jesse Eisenberg playing Lux Luthor
Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor!? You can breathe easy now Ben Affleck... The internet has found its new target.
— Johanna Fuentes (@jfuentes) January 31, 2014
Saw this and everyone is ROFL. Do you think Eisenberg is a wise choice for Lex Luthor's role ? pic.twitter.com/OwctYMAWw3 — Darkrose Studios (@DarkroseStudios) January 31, 2014
Reaction to the news of Jesse Eisenberg cast as Lex Luthor. pic.twitter.com/d96OP6vOF9 — T.M. Powell CW44 (@CW44CouchPotato) January 31, 2014
— taran killam (@TaranKillam) January 31, 2014
'ARE YOU KIDDING ME?' Jesse Eisenberg's casting as Lex Luthor rips America apart http://t.co/7YbqG8FF0n — TwitchyTeam (@TwitchyTeam) January 31, 2014
Ben Affleck as Batman: Twitter Reactions
Look at you, sitting there all happy like you forgot Ben Affleck is the new Batman. Your life is a lie. — The Rolo (@TheRolo) January 28, 2014
Ben Affleck officially cast as Batman in the Man of Steel sequel. For the first time in history, I kind of want Superman to win. — The Batman (@TheBatman) August 23, 2013
On second thought, Ben Affleck might be the perfect Bruce Wayne after all... pic.twitter.com/pex0Tv9CUl
— Superman (@SupermanTweets) January 27, 2014
In the Ben Affleck version, Batman's parents kill themselves. — Sourav Panda (@souravcfc) January 26, 2014
A buddy just posted this on my Facebook wall, I died #Batfleck pic.twitter.com/4PdtOFB6fO — BuckeyeEmpire (@BuckeyeEmpire) August 23, 2013
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports