Chinese New Year 2014 Predictions: What’s in Store for the Year of the Wooden Horse?
By Ankita Mehta | February 2, 2014 12:20 AM EST
The Year of the Snake finally ended with the beginning of the Year of Wooden Horse in the Lunar calendar. Millions across the world celebrated the beginning of the Chinese New Year on Friday.
People walk past a giant illuminated horse on display during Chinese New Year celebrations in Singapore's Chinatown, January 30, 2014. REUTERS/Tim Wimborne
The Chinese zodiac, which consists of 12 animals, interacts with five different elements including wood, metal, fire, water and earth.
The Year of the Wooden Horse deals with wood, fire and energy; and therefore astrologers have predicted that this year will be full of conflicts.
According to Feng Shui practitioner Raymond Lo, the New Year is also a "yang wood" year, which means that people will stand firm on their principles and values.
"So it is hard to negotiate or compromise as there are more tendencies for people to fight for their ideals," Lo told Reuters.
For people whose business involves wood or fire, this year will be quite lucky. But business related to property is not expected to do well this year, as the horse is a galloper, according to Lynn Yap, Singapore's Feng Shui Queen.
When it comes to love life, the Year of the Wooden Horse is not quite lucky. Marriages are not ideal this year; so those who are engaged would want to postpone their weddings to the next year, according to Paul Ng, a professional feng shui master.
Check out your zodiac sign here, according to Lunar New Year:
Rat: 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008
Ox: 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009
Tiger: 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010
Rabbit: 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011
Dragon: 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012
Snake: 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013
Horse: 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014
Sheep: 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015
Monkey: 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016
Rooster: 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017
Dog: 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018
Pig: 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Pope Francis Ultimate Target By Conservative Cardinals
- Are You There, Archbishop Welby Asks God
- Sydney Public Beheadings Confirmed By PM Tony Abbott
- End Times Prophecy Lurking W/ WW3 Nuclear Threat, Iraq Crisis And Ebola
- End-Of-The World Doomsday Prophets Continue To Spread Mandatory Chip Implant Hoax, Claims EU Requires Newborns To Have RFID Implants
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate