Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date: Launch Likely at MWC Event
By Raymond Ronamai | February 1, 2014 9:53 PM EST
Amid speculations about the release date of the much-awaited Galaxy S5, a report has emerged that the fifth generation Samsung smartphone would be launched at the upcoming Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona.
The logo of Apple Inc is reflected on the back of a Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone in this photo illustration taken in Beijing June 5, 2013.
Tech enthusiast Eldar Murtazin, who rightly predicted the Galaxy S4 release date, had earlier said that Galaxy S5 would be launched on 23 February, a day before the MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2014. However, Samsung's executive vice-president (Mobile Business) Lee Young Hee told Bloomberg that the company is planning to launch the Galaxy S5 in the month of March or April.
Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to have several features not seen in the earlier Galaxy series. It is reported that the new smartphone will have multi-hovering technology and head-tracking gesture control features, which will enhance 3D gaming.
The fifth generation smartphone is also expected to feature LPDDR4 DRAM, A8 processor, Android KitKat OS, TouchWiz UI, 20-megapixel camera and a 5.25-inch Super AMOLED display with 2K (2560 x 1440p) resolution, having pixel density of 560 pixels per inch (ppi).
A section of the media also reported that Samsung might introduce Iris Scanner in its upcoming device but the Korean Herald said in a report, citing industry sources, that the electronic giant has dropped the plan and has opted for finger-print sensor.
Samsung has not uttered a word on the availability and pricing of Galaxy S5 yet but a report by Rappler suggested that it would be priced around $750 (approximately ₹47,010).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery