Auto Expo 2014: Moto Morini's Scrambler and Granpasso Heading to India
By greeshma m | February 1, 2014 8:34 PM EST
Italian motorcycle brand, Moto Morini's iconic motorcycles 1200 Granpasso and 1200 Scrambler will make its India entry at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014.
The bikes will be imported and distributed through the company's country partner Vardenchi Motorcycle. Moto Morini announced its partnership with the Mumbai based Vardenchi Motorcycle at the EICMA show in Milan last year. According to reports, the two bikes have left Bologna for India to participate in the country's largest auto extravaganza, which is scheduled to kick start in the first week of February in Greater Noida.
"I personally rode the Morini across Europe and instantly fell in love. These highly tuned beasts are genuinely the most fun motorcycles to have in your stable. I see this alliance as a initiator of a luxury segment in motorcycling that will prove to be a game changer," Overdrive quoted Vardenchi Motorcycles' founder Akshai Varde.
Moto Morini Scrambler draws its power from the Bialbero CorsaCorta 1187cc twin-cylinder engine, which pumps a power of 120PS and a torque of 102Nm.The bike that wears sporty look, possesses a 21 liter fuel tank and 19inch front wheel.
On the other hand, the Moto Morini Granpasso comes with 1187cc V-Twin engine, which churns out 120 PS power and 103 Nm torque. It will feature Marzocchi upside-down forks, an Ohlins monoshock, a slipper clutch and Brembo disc brakes in the front and rear.
The prices of the bikes will be revealed at the launch. According to Rushlane report, the bikes are likely to fall in the price range of ₹25 lakhs.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools