Auto Expo 2014: Moto Morini's Scrambler and Granpasso Heading to India
By greeshma m | February 1, 2014 8:34 PM EST
Italian motorcycle brand, Moto Morini's iconic motorcycles 1200 Granpasso and 1200 Scrambler will make its India entry at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014.
The bikes will be imported and distributed through the company's country partner Vardenchi Motorcycle. Moto Morini announced its partnership with the Mumbai based Vardenchi Motorcycle at the EICMA show in Milan last year. According to reports, the two bikes have left Bologna for India to participate in the country's largest auto extravaganza, which is scheduled to kick start in the first week of February in Greater Noida.
"I personally rode the Morini across Europe and instantly fell in love. These highly tuned beasts are genuinely the most fun motorcycles to have in your stable. I see this alliance as a initiator of a luxury segment in motorcycling that will prove to be a game changer," Overdrive quoted Vardenchi Motorcycles' founder Akshai Varde.
Moto Morini Scrambler draws its power from the Bialbero CorsaCorta 1187cc twin-cylinder engine, which pumps a power of 120PS and a torque of 102Nm.The bike that wears sporty look, possesses a 21 liter fuel tank and 19inch front wheel.
On the other hand, the Moto Morini Granpasso comes with 1187cc V-Twin engine, which churns out 120 PS power and 103 Nm torque. It will feature Marzocchi upside-down forks, an Ohlins monoshock, a slipper clutch and Brembo disc brakes in the front and rear.
The prices of the bikes will be revealed at the launch. According to Rushlane report, the bikes are likely to fall in the price range of ₹25 lakhs.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown