2014 Six Nations Where to Watch Live: France vs England Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 1, 2014 6:46 PM EST
England will expect a stiff first test when they take on to France in their 2014 Six Nations opener, but they travel across the channel in buoyant mood and with full confidence that this could be their year.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 5 pm GMT (10.30 pm IST) start with live coverage on Sony Six in India. The match is not available for live streaming online in the country, but UK viewers can watch the action live online HERE or HERE. Live stream the game in Australia HERE, while New Zealand viewers can watch the action HERE. The game can be live streamed in the US HERE, while the Middle East and North Africa viewers can go HERE. Viewers in rest of Africa can catch the action through live streaming HERE.
Stuart Lancaster has named a young, exciting attacking lineup, dropping the out of form Chris Ashton and Ben Youngs, while giving opportunities to one-cap man Jonny May and debutants Jack Nowell and Luther Burrell, and the England coach insisted it will work in the side's favour against formidable France at the Stade de France in Paris.
"The upside is the no fear," Lancaster said. "There is no fear factor that sometimes can build in their career during Six Nations or during international rugby.
"Experience counts for something, but belief in the player from the management often counts for more in my opinion.
"I've gone with my gut instinct. Form, potential and consistency in the Premiership and Europe have also been factors, then you come into camp and get a feel for whether a player is ready.
"My instinct was that Jack, Luther and Jonny were all ready."
France are an extremely difficult team to beat at home, and centre Wesley Fofana is relishing the clash against England, believing it to be the perfect way to start their Six Nations campaign.
"I think it's very good to start with them, it will put us right into the thick of the tournament from the word go," Fofana was quoted as saying by the Guardian. "If we win, that gets us off to the perfect start -- I don't want to think of losing but if there was a defeat against England it would be a lesser evil. I think it's really a bonus to start with them."
England's Tom Wood is expecting a baptism by fire in Paris on Saturday, but believes if his side can weather an early storm, then they could come away with a victory.
"We may have to weather a storm early on but we intend to bring our own fire," Wood said. "We definitely want something to show for all our efforts.
"There are five massive games in our way and we can't be talking about silverware yet but we're going to approach every game expecting to win it. I think we've got the talent."
England: Brown, Nowell, Burrell, Twelvetrees, May, Farrell, Care, Marler, Hartley, Cole, Launchbury, Lawes, Wood, Robshaw, Billy Vunipola.
France: Dulin, Huget, Bastareaud, Fofana, Medard, Plisson, Doussain; Domingo, Kayser, Mas, Flanquart, Pape, Nyanga, Le Roux, Picamoles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013