2014 Six Nations Where to Watch Live: France vs England Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 1, 2014 6:46 PM EST
England will expect a stiff first test when they take on to France in their 2014 Six Nations opener, but they travel across the channel in buoyant mood and with full confidence that this could be their year.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 5 pm GMT (10.30 pm IST) start with live coverage on Sony Six in India. The match is not available for live streaming online in the country, but UK viewers can watch the action live online HERE or HERE. Live stream the game in Australia HERE, while New Zealand viewers can watch the action HERE. The game can be live streamed in the US HERE, while the Middle East and North Africa viewers can go HERE. Viewers in rest of Africa can catch the action through live streaming HERE.
Stuart Lancaster has named a young, exciting attacking lineup, dropping the out of form Chris Ashton and Ben Youngs, while giving opportunities to one-cap man Jonny May and debutants Jack Nowell and Luther Burrell, and the England coach insisted it will work in the side's favour against formidable France at the Stade de France in Paris.
"The upside is the no fear," Lancaster said. "There is no fear factor that sometimes can build in their career during Six Nations or during international rugby.
"Experience counts for something, but belief in the player from the management often counts for more in my opinion.
"I've gone with my gut instinct. Form, potential and consistency in the Premiership and Europe have also been factors, then you come into camp and get a feel for whether a player is ready.
"My instinct was that Jack, Luther and Jonny were all ready."
France are an extremely difficult team to beat at home, and centre Wesley Fofana is relishing the clash against England, believing it to be the perfect way to start their Six Nations campaign.
"I think it's very good to start with them, it will put us right into the thick of the tournament from the word go," Fofana was quoted as saying by the Guardian. "If we win, that gets us off to the perfect start -- I don't want to think of losing but if there was a defeat against England it would be a lesser evil. I think it's really a bonus to start with them."
England's Tom Wood is expecting a baptism by fire in Paris on Saturday, but believes if his side can weather an early storm, then they could come away with a victory.
"We may have to weather a storm early on but we intend to bring our own fire," Wood said. "We definitely want something to show for all our efforts.
"There are five massive games in our way and we can't be talking about silverware yet but we're going to approach every game expecting to win it. I think we've got the talent."
England: Brown, Nowell, Burrell, Twelvetrees, May, Farrell, Care, Marler, Hartley, Cole, Launchbury, Lawes, Wood, Robshaw, Billy Vunipola.
France: Dulin, Huget, Bastareaud, Fofana, Medard, Plisson, Doussain; Domingo, Kayser, Mas, Flanquart, Pape, Nyanga, Le Roux, Picamoles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money