2014 Six Nations Where to Watch Live: France vs England Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 1, 2014 6:46 PM EST
England will expect a stiff first test when they take on to France in their 2014 Six Nations opener, but they travel across the channel in buoyant mood and with full confidence that this could be their year.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 5 pm GMT (10.30 pm IST) start with live coverage on Sony Six in India. The match is not available for live streaming online in the country, but UK viewers can watch the action live online HERE or HERE. Live stream the game in Australia HERE, while New Zealand viewers can watch the action HERE. The game can be live streamed in the US HERE, while the Middle East and North Africa viewers can go HERE. Viewers in rest of Africa can catch the action through live streaming HERE.
Stuart Lancaster has named a young, exciting attacking lineup, dropping the out of form Chris Ashton and Ben Youngs, while giving opportunities to one-cap man Jonny May and debutants Jack Nowell and Luther Burrell, and the England coach insisted it will work in the side's favour against formidable France at the Stade de France in Paris.
"The upside is the no fear," Lancaster said. "There is no fear factor that sometimes can build in their career during Six Nations or during international rugby.
"Experience counts for something, but belief in the player from the management often counts for more in my opinion.
"I've gone with my gut instinct. Form, potential and consistency in the Premiership and Europe have also been factors, then you come into camp and get a feel for whether a player is ready.
"My instinct was that Jack, Luther and Jonny were all ready."
France are an extremely difficult team to beat at home, and centre Wesley Fofana is relishing the clash against England, believing it to be the perfect way to start their Six Nations campaign.
"I think it's very good to start with them, it will put us right into the thick of the tournament from the word go," Fofana was quoted as saying by the Guardian. "If we win, that gets us off to the perfect start -- I don't want to think of losing but if there was a defeat against England it would be a lesser evil. I think it's really a bonus to start with them."
England's Tom Wood is expecting a baptism by fire in Paris on Saturday, but believes if his side can weather an early storm, then they could come away with a victory.
"We may have to weather a storm early on but we intend to bring our own fire," Wood said. "We definitely want something to show for all our efforts.
"There are five massive games in our way and we can't be talking about silverware yet but we're going to approach every game expecting to win it. I think we've got the talent."
England: Brown, Nowell, Burrell, Twelvetrees, May, Farrell, Care, Marler, Hartley, Cole, Launchbury, Lawes, Wood, Robshaw, Billy Vunipola.
France: Dulin, Huget, Bastareaud, Fofana, Medard, Plisson, Doussain; Domingo, Kayser, Mas, Flanquart, Pape, Nyanga, Le Roux, Picamoles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related