Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show: Will Bruno Mars’ Performance have the Wow Factor?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 1, 2014 6:40 PM EST
With Sunday’s Super Bowl XLVIII halftime performance, Bruno Mars and Red Hot Chili Peppers will join the likes of Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney and Madonna who all have created history of sorts with their stunning stints.
But will Mars, who is just four years old in the industry, make a mark with his performance? Industry sources believe Mars’ ability to deliver good music, his record as a hit maker, and a loyal young demographic can help his cause.
However, winning the older audience can prove to be a struggle.
The website also notes that Mars is not likely to have a wardrobe malfunction like Janet Jackson’s in 2004, and there is no fear of Mars giving cameras the middle finger like Madonna did.
And, this might turn down the excitement level of audience, believes Alan Light, former editor in chief of Vibe and Spin.
"Is it as exciting? Are people just watching to see if it'll be outrageous? If it's just to watch somebody give a nice music performance, there are certain limitations on how much people care about that," Light pointed out to the website.
But, Mars hopes his music will be enough to get the audience dancing and smiling during the halftime show.
“Spectacle-wise? I don’t do trapeze and all that stuff. I hope to get people dancing and smiling. If you ever come to one of my shows, it’s just us up there. We’ve got these songs and our instruments, and I’m hoping that’s enough,” he told reporters during a press conference on Thursday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS