English Premier League Where to Watch Live: Newcastle vs Sunderland Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 1, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Gus Poyet and Sunderland will look to awaken the ghosts of that thrilling 2-1 win over Newcastle at the Stadium of Light in late October, when the two rivals lock horns yet again, this time at St. James' Park, in the Tyne-Wear Derby on Saturday.
Where to Watch Live
The English Premier League game is scheduled for a 12.45 pm GMT (6.15 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2 in India. The match can also be live streamed online HERE. Viewers in the US can catch the action live online HERE. Live stream the match in Australia HERE. Viewers in the Middle East and North Africa can catch the action via live streaming HERE, while rest of Africa viewers can watch the game live online HERE.
Sunderland got themselves out of the bottom of the table with a last-gasp Fabio Borini-inspired victory over Newcastle in the reverse fixture - Poyet's first as manager at the Stadium of Light - and the Black Cats will aim to remain away from the relegation zone come the end of the weekend after fighting their way out of the bottom three with a crucial win over Stoke in midweek.
"It doesn't matter how you get to the derby, the form or who was the last one to win," Poyet told the club's official website.
"What matters is the team which uses the passion you need to play the derby at the same time as their intelligence, to play the game better. There are plenty of things we need to do well to win the game."
Pardew, whose side created chance after chance but somehow failed to register a win against Norwich in midweek, has a big task at hand at the moment, having to figure out a way to move on from losing perhaps his best player in Yohan Cabaye, who signed for PSG earlier this week.
Newcastle, who are eight and are 16 points ahead of Sunderland, could not find a replacement before the transfer window shut on Friday, and Pardew knows when it comes to a Derby anything is possible, with the manager hopeful his side can put away the disappointment of losing Cabaye by putting on a commendable performance against their bitter rivals.
"The thing you do know about this fixture is it really is immaterial how you play," Pardew said. "It's really all about the result. It's a big game and we need to show that on the pitch. It's just a little bit bigger than any other game because of the emotion that's involved. The fans make it special, particularly at our place, and it's important we rise to the occasion."
The last few derbies have witnessed plenty of ill-feeling and unrest between the fans of the two clubs, and both managers - Pardew and Poyet - backed a campaign by Newcastle and Sunderland supporters, appealing for calm ahead of the big clash.
"I'm conscious of what happened last season when we lost [3-0 at home] and all sort of disturbances in the town," Pardew said. "I felt responsible. I hope the behaviour and dignity from everybody will stay in place on the day . . . and that we win."
"It's just a game," Poyet added. "I would like fans to enjoy it and no fighting."
Team news: Newcastle: New signing Luuk De Jong could make his debut for the Magpies, but Pardew remains without the services of Fabricio Coloccini and Ryan Taylor. Top scorer Loic Remy is also ruled out as the French forward begins the first of a three-match suspension, while Yoan Gouffran and Papiss Cisse are doubtful starters.
Sunderland: Poyet completed the signing of midfielder Liam Bridcutt from Brighton, while resisting offers for Lee Cattermole. Bridcutt could be handed a debut along with Nacho Scocco, while Steven Fletcher and Phil Bardsley are doubts. Carlos Cuellar and Kieren Westwood remain on the sidelines.
Expected lineups: Newcastle: Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Taylor, Santon; Tiote, Anita; Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Gouffran, Shola Ameobi.
Sunderland: Mannone; Bardsley, O'Shea, Brown, Alonso; Ki, Bridcutt, Colback; Johnson, Altidore, Borini.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510