Weekahead - Flows, Rupee Key for Shares Amid EM Turmoil
February 1, 2014 3:06 PM EST
The BSE Sensex is expected to take cues from overseas investor flows and the rupee after a U.S. Federal Reserve taper-induced emerging market rout led the indexes to mark their lowest levels since November on Thursday.
Brokers trade on their computer terminals at a stock brokerage firm in Mumbai May 4, 2009.
Foreign institutional investors bought Indian shares worth a net $85.4 million in January, the smallest amount since they sold $902.5 million in August, when the rupee was hitting record lows against the dollar, exchange and regulatory data as of Thursday shows.
Domestic shares have tumbled, marking a sharp turnaround since the BSE Sensex posted a record closing high on January 23, on the back of a rout in emerging markets and the Reserve Bank of India's unexpected hike in interest rates on Tuesday.
Advance GDP forecast for the current fiscal year will be watched with the government expecting 5 percent growth while private economists expect the numbers to come in below that.
The next week would also mark the final leg of large cap earnings.
Anil Ambani group stocks including Reliance Capital (RLCP.NS) would be on watch ahead of earnings in second half of the week.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
Thu: Reliance Infrastructure Ltd (RLIN.NS), Ambuja Cements, ACC earnings
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate