Weekahead - Flows, Rupee Key for Shares Amid EM Turmoil
February 1, 2014 3:06 PM EST
The BSE Sensex is expected to take cues from overseas investor flows and the rupee after a U.S. Federal Reserve taper-induced emerging market rout led the indexes to mark their lowest levels since November on Thursday.
Brokers trade on their computer terminals at a stock brokerage firm in Mumbai May 4, 2009.
Foreign institutional investors bought Indian shares worth a net $85.4 million in January, the smallest amount since they sold $902.5 million in August, when the rupee was hitting record lows against the dollar, exchange and regulatory data as of Thursday shows.
Domestic shares have tumbled, marking a sharp turnaround since the BSE Sensex posted a record closing high on January 23, on the back of a rout in emerging markets and the Reserve Bank of India's unexpected hike in interest rates on Tuesday.
Advance GDP forecast for the current fiscal year will be watched with the government expecting 5 percent growth while private economists expect the numbers to come in below that.
The next week would also mark the final leg of large cap earnings.
Anil Ambani group stocks including Reliance Capital (RLCP.NS) would be on watch ahead of earnings in second half of the week.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
Thu: Reliance Infrastructure Ltd (RLIN.NS), Ambuja Cements, ACC earnings
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date