Galaxy S5 Release Date Coming Soon as Another S5 Variant (SM-G900H) Certified in Indonesia
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 1, 2014 2:45 PM EST
The much anticipated Galaxy S5 release date is coming soon as another variant of the next generation flagship smartphone from Samsung SM-G900H has been certified in Indonesia. Recent rumours suggest that the Galaxy S5 release date will happen as early as few weeks from now, just ahead of the Mobile World Congress.
Rumours about the Galaxy S5 release date abound and recent reports claim that it might come ahead of the MWC. If this is accurate, it is believed that Samsung will be able to bask in the spotlight for a while before MWC related reports hit and flood the Internet. Either way, what is certain at this point is that another variant of the Galaxy S5 has been spotted and certified in Indonesia.
According to Postel, it received tree SM-G00H units from Vietnam, China and Korea. Although, there are no other details provided, it is believed that this is a variant of the Galaxy S5 because other variants have made their way to the different parts of the globe as well. The SM-G900A, which is thought to be the AT&T variant of the Galaxy S5 has been out as well along with the SM-G900F and the SM-G900S. It appears that these are the same smartphones but destined for different carriers and markets. If this is the case, Samsung is getting ready to launch this smartphone in multiple markets, plausibly at the same time.
Undoubtedly, the Galaxy S5 is one of the most anticipated smartphones of 2014, at least for the first quarter of the year, as the Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 typically launches later in the last quarter of the year.
Thus far, the GM-900 is assumed as the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone and the existence of its various variants is another reason to believe so.
Meanwhile, the Korean tech giant appears to be cooking a number of devices with 5 to 6 inches screens and one of them could be the GM-900. Rumours say that the Galaxy S5 release date will happen either in February or March. Then, we will confirm whether or not all the SM-G900 devices are related.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks