Samsung Details MWC 2014 Plans, Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Announcement and Developer Day
By Precious Silva | February 1, 2014 2:44 PM EST
People have been waiting for the Mobile World Congress especially since tech giants like Samsung will be announcing a range of their upcoming devices. Some people are still hoping that Samsung would shed light about its upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5. Nonetheless, despite the lack of information on the flagship device, there are other interesting details that people may find for the MWC 2014 under Samsung.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
Samsung plans on making a big splash during the MWC 2014 according to the reports. To be held in Barcelona Spain this year, Samsung will reportedly dish out information on several devices including wearable devices and their smartphones. Nonetheless, reports note that it is certain that Samsung will be hosting a developer event during the conference.
The event will be called Samsung Developer Day. The event will be held during the third day of the Mobile World Congress. During the event, Samsung will be discussing about the updated Samsung Mobile SDK, the Samsung MultiScreen SDK and the Samsung MultiScreen Gaming Platform. Analysts point that Samsung appears to be focusing on gaming. If this will happen, it can go against companies like Sony and Microsoft.
People will have to wait for Samsung's gaming announcement.
Samsung has hosted the Developer Day every year starting in 2011. The event is a great venue for people to network and come up with better ways to develop apps especially for Samsung platforms. During the event, people can find special booths showing different apps built under Samsung partners. The apps will be featuring their specific SDK.
The Korean tech giant will also be hosting an awards ceremony for Samsung Galaxy S4 Smart App Challenge. The challenge began in 2013. The congress will Samsung's venue for choosing who performed best. There will also be a presentation from the CEO of Vision Mobile regarding new mobile app trends. This should provide insight on what people can expect from the mobile platform this coming months and years.
The Mobile World Congress will take place in four days. The event will be held from February 24 to 27. Samsung will reportedly focus on bringing "smart mobile life" to its consumers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet